Ten: Dissertation on Matter, Energy, and Time
I've learned recently a funny thing about time: it's continually passing. Mind you, Steve Miller made that not-so-insightful observation many years ago, saying he wanted to "Fly Like an Eagle," but still: you never recognizes that time does not stand still, even when you're working at a bowling alley for 9 hours, and even when you're in a boring lecture about first nations. Time passes. That's what it does.
Matter and energy, there is a limited amount in the world. Matter is anything we can touch or in any way sense as being physical. Energy is what binds us. In the greatest sense, our life forces are the ultimate extension of energy - our bodies act as the conduit through which it is used up, and eventually when we expire, it is dispersed throughout the universe in a wonderful burst of consciousness and karma - universal energetic feedback. There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio...
Despite things being no better than they were yesterday, I've gotten over it. Still wouldn't be comfortable writing about it, but it'll make an amusing anecdote someday. Well, not amusing, but chalk another one up I say.
Having a blast at school. Not. But, it's a good way to keep from going insane, and you know at least it's protecting me from an everyday monotony of every day being the same. And some days I get to set my alarm up so I can sleep those extra two hours (like tomorrow.) All I need to do is establish a better homework strategy and I'll be set. I'm trying to decide if I should do something the night after it's assigned or the night before it's due. Right now it looks like the night before, but whatever.
I'd like to see some people soon. But as it is I still stand outside society.
So be it.
Keep on rockin'
-Willie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home