A: There's no such thing as over-caffinated
I start this month with the presupposition that I won't do 26 posts this month, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
It's been a weird day, even before it became today. I was tossing and turning last night, unable t oget to sleep. It was around 5 AM and I'd been jostled out of another disturbing dream (involving The Office, an old folk's home, and a train wreck,) and couldn't put myself back down. So I started reading "Leaving Home," a play I'd been assigned weeks ago for Jodie's "Arts for Journalists" course. I didn't get far, because it is an excessively dull play and ultimately did the trick.
I went out to hang with Amanda today. It wasn't such a bad day when I set out, a bit windy or whatever, but there was no snow in the driveway. We chilled, talked, went around and did a bit of shopping. Well, she shopped, I, uh, browsed. Actually no, I saw a really cool blazer that I marked out for, but didn't buy, because, uh, I don't buy shit; I'm cheap. I also coerced her into buying the first season on How I Met Your Mother on DVD, which is a hilarious show I urge everyone to watch.
By the time we were done, it had been a blizzard out there. I got home and hung around the house for the rest of the day. Eric's been sick on the couch, doing his regressive thing. He's sick, yeah, and don't I know it. Also his back is sore (*likely from spending every night on the couch) and he probably thinks I chew too loudly, and that the tea I make him is inferior. Then again... I made him tea.
I tried to say out of the basement for as much of the day as I could, because, damn. I mean, I've been keeping at arm's length from the guys all week, because I'm trying to have a vacation here, but now I want to really be away from him, because I don't want to get sick. A reasonable request, I think.
I didn't even really have dinner. I ate a late lunch, and then some popcorn after. I'm kinda all wonky today and the weather's not helping. The climate seems to be transforming into that of planet Hoth. The wind is blowing snow from every which way. Thanks to the world being a giant ice ball, I don't know if my escape plan is going through tomorrow, which would be upsetting. We'll see.
Pretty huge Interneta update earlier tonight, so go check that out.
I'm done tonight. Hopefully my brain shuts off like it's supposed to.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home