108: Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
Yes, that's a Dead quote in the title there. I like the imagery of the lyric.
It's the kind of night that makes me wish I had a Wii or a copy of Guitar Hero. It's not to say I'm bored or I feel like I have nothing to do. I just wish I had one of those things to use to unwind. As it is I'm sitting here in front of the computer, wondering if this is it. But I haven't been sitting here all night; and I marvel at the fact that I've been out at least 3 Saturdays in a row, but back in the summer, there was at least that amount of time when I did nothing.
I woke up this morning only shortly after 8. This was miserable for me as I'd only gotten to sleep sometime after 2 and was craving some serious slumber. It was one of my rare unbroken nights of sleep, too, so the fact that I was awake at that time was very irksome. But yeah, I awoke to the sound of a dog pacing back and forth. Intuitively I knew he was looking for breakfast and a little trip to the backyard. So sensing it wasn't going to happen otherwise I got up and gave him some dish and let him out, and when he barked to ask to get in, my mom comes from around the corner, surprised I let him out. Me, I was surprised tht she was home, because if I'd known, I would have let her take care of it and gone back to sleep. She'd mentioned she was home this weekend, but since she wasn't doing anything immediate about the dog situation, I figured she was elsewhere. Disgruntled, I went back to bed and thought, "Oh geez, I've been up too long. I'm gonna lie here for 20 minutes and never get back to sleep. I feel awful."
So I woke up at 11:30 and realized I was wrong. That felt great. I'm never one to turn down an extra 3 hours of sleep if I can help it. After watching most or all of Final Destination 3, I headed down to the bank to TCB and then just kind of relaxed all day. Around 5, things started to get going.
Joe was doing a show down at a Starbucks in Mississauga, not far from Oakville's borders. Having missed out on most opportunities to catch Joe and anyone else recently, I was determined to catch this gig. It was to begin at 6:30. An hour before the thing rolled around and I began to wonder; "How the heck am I supposed to get there?" The bus was simply not doing it for me. I was not feeling it. I had to negotiate a ride and, long story short, I did end up getting there. It looked like I wasn't going to, and I was kinda upset about that, but the story has a happy if bland ending in that it all worked out and I got dropped off. We left just after 7, arriving at about 7:30, halfway through the set.
It was a small gathering. Starbucks being what it is, I ordered a coffee one size larger than I'd intended. We sat around and listened to Joe play the guitar and sing his songs, some very good stuff. He didn't stick around too long afterward but we took some pictures. Mansoor and I hung around for about an hour talking, catching up, talking business. He regaled me with stories of his exploits at the Mississauga News and as a PR guy for his local MP. We ended up talking music and movies and school, bebopping and scatting all over various topics until he took me on home and here I am, loaded on caffeine with nothing to rally expend my energy on -- actually, with the energy internalized, I'm a little wiped anyhow.
What a life. Not much of an entry tonight. Not much to say for myself. Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home