07: This thought is fast
Ever have one of those thunderstorms that seems to be in your backyard? After the rain passed tonight the sky was a brilliant golden shade.
Just a quick one tonight. Whatever it is about having far too many projects (so true!) has sapped my will to blog, perhaps forever. Blame twitter.
My twitter ambition is to get famous and well-known enough that people will tweet at me and I will not feel compelled to address it, due to my excessive fame. For the most part, the people I follow are well-known and I tend not to tweet at them much, knowing nothing will come of it, although Rainn Wilson did answer a question I asked him about zombies, which was very kind of him.
For the record, it was during a SoulPancake poll of 5 people I'd bring back to life. I answered Cobain, Lincoln, Gandhi, Phil Hartman and Marvel comics legend Mark Gruenwald. Then I asked whether they'd be zombies, because my concern is that zombie Phil Hartman would be more concerned with brain-eating than awesome comedic timing.
Anyway, it's been a lazy few days. Tuesday was a pretty big one, I went out to Toronto to clear out my locker. Not that there was anything particularly special out there, just some textbooks I could sell, and my lock, which I didn't want cut. Basically I payed a $12.50 round trip plus $2.75 subway fare (one way, I walked the other) so that people wouldn't touch my stuff. Also because I had nothing else to do that day.
So I went down there, enjoyed the sunshine. Ran into Nayman, the rock star of the Innis community. He always seems glad to chat with me, or anyone he's taught, too bad he won't be around much in the future. He writes reviews for art house movies in Metro sometimes.
Yesterday I went for gelato with Robyn. Actually I got a sorbet but whatever. It was a big goodbye "let's hang out all afternoon" thing since she's going to Scotland until school starts, so I probably won't see her again for a while. We'd been talking about gelato forever and finally made it a reality. We also went into that record store I've been wondering about. Perhaps it was more interesting as a mystery. I felt like I was being judged for browsing too much. Like if I didn't walk out with a copy of the Who live imported I was a failure in the eyes of the guy behind the counter.
Also, I finally got around to putting in my resume for HMV so... fingers crossed. It's a little sketchy on whether they're actually actually hiring. I went down on Monday to talk to the new manager. I walked in and started staring blankly at the Wii games until she game and asked if she could help me, at which point I said "No not really, but are you the manager?" Followed by "Are you hiring? I used to work here, if that helps." She mentioned she might be, and that she was definitely interested in meeting ex-temps, so that's a plus. So I went by the next day, when she wasn't there, with my updated resume showing my former assistant manager, now manager of the Dorval location, as a reference. I handed in my resume to two people I'd worked with (of course) and they seemed upbeat about the idea I was trying to get back permanently. So that all looks possible.
The odd thing is, I said "a quick one" tonight, and it is maybe not the longest entry ever, but it's taken a while to get through, to sift through the boringness of my life to find those diamonds of coolness.
Also I took a moment to try to find the true spelling of "boringness" before realizing it may actually not be a real word. Hrmp.
I'll be off for tonight. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home