Vol 6: I ain't never comin' back.
I'm starting to blog less and less. I think that may be because I now have Writer's Craft to deal with, which gives me 25 minutes of writing each day whether I want it or not.
Ecch. I've been stumbling around for the last couple of days in a... well, a daze. (In case you can't tell, that rhymes.) We rehearsed the Breakfast Club yesterday. Apparently I'm doing it well since everybody laughs when I say certain lines. Wait-- they're not supposed to be funny! Damn! Andrew Nolan has officially replaced Phil as Andrew Clarke, because Phil will be in Banff before the end of the year.
But by daze, I essentially mean what it is: I've just been wandering around for days, doing whatever anybody tells me to, because I can't think straight. I'm on autopilot. I gave a presentation on William Blake today in English, which was totally off the top of my head and was somehow stretched out to 4-and-a-half-minutes (it had to be 3-5,) and I didn't even touch on some of the details of his life and career that I meant to. It was pretty rough, but since I had no cue cards present, I think it came off well. Ryan Goad said that he got much more from mine than the one after mine. Afterward, this girl (who I later discovered was called Heidi,) came up to me - in the hallway, no less - and presented me with her own interpretation of Blake's poem, "The Lamb." I wasn't really listening and I wasn't really in a mood to argue/discuss it (the way she came at me unexpectedly, it seemed like she wanted an argument but I have no idea,) so I tried to re-emphasize my point... and by the end it seemed like one of those scenarios when you're both saying the same thing, or close to it, and there's just no point in discussing it.
I spent lunch today in the Box office with Emma, Scott Conorton, and Anisah. I might've gone to the lunch table with Ryan, Doug and all, but like I said: daze. Plus, it seemed like the place where the msot writer's craft homework was getting done, and I needed that. Emma appears to be losing it; she kept trying to seduce Conorton. Conorton was in a huff himself, because he had been barred from playing poker at school, for money or not. Which is the shits, I agree, but it's one of those cases where you've gotta pick your battles. Anisah served up the most puzzling statement of the day: there's this guy who appears to like her, but when the subject was broached, she said "No, he only thinks he does. There's a difference." And call me crazy, but that intrigued me. I kept meaning to ask what she meant by that, but the conversation moved on.
I had a thought for this paragraph, but I lost it, so I should just move on.
The family all saw Maim in Vain the other day. They liked it. As I am apt to do, I walked out at the beginning of the screening, because I just cannot stand to watch it. Speaking of Commtech, I got my report card yesterday: Commtech: 90, Hospitality: 94, Drama: 86. I went up in 2 classes and stayed the same in one (Hospitality, where the median dipped to about 51.) The 90 in Commtech gives me... well, a tie with Ana for top in the class (I think.) I heard that, were it not for her lateness, she could have gotten 98. Becky reported to me some weird things about Ana's response to this - which I will not repeat here. And there shall be no more talk on Commtech marks.
Thursday keeps happening in my head.
Hey, that sounds like it could be a song!
Interneta will be updated soon, with new reviews and maybe some lyrics.
I'm listening to The Clash - Death or Glory (London Calling). It makes me happy.
Jeep on Lockin'
I mean: keep on Rockin'
-Human Adolescent Male Designate: Scott Williams

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home