4/19/2005

2.2: What you'll find (Treasure Hunt)

It's been an interesting couple of days. I got up early today and yesterday to help Rosser with something; he needed a senior to come and do the Hit and Run scene, and I was the first one he found. I'll tell you, if I didn't flex my improv muscles enough on Friday, I sure felt exercised today, because I was riffin' all over those Grade 9's. One group tried knew about the officer beforehand (some douchebag kid had told them,) and tried to prepare. Funny, when you're in Grade 9, "preparation" means your mind immediately goes to sexualizing the scene, where the kids wound up trying to flirt their way out of being arrested. Oddly enough, that was when I was playing an uber-Christian cop, but their persisted with this "plan," and it actually was pretty funny. What wasn't funny was how insistently they stuck to this failsafe, and uh, well, let's just say one of the Grade 9 girls got in the way of my hands, if you catch my drift.

Other than that, I don't feel like I've got a lot to be happy about lately. Still in a rut, is this one. I had a nice talk with Emma, where we broached on all topics from her perscription drugs, the meaning of society, and the male-female dynamic. I basically decided that the only reason any male does anything is because it's part of an elaborate scheme to get laid. And prove me wrong! She said that girls also liked sex too, but I figure it's different, because it feels less important to girls. I dunno, it had more weight when I was originally saying it,a nd now in re-recording it I can't do justice to the original discussion.

So in any case, it's clearly spring. In fact, were it not that all the trees are jsut so bare of leaves, I'd swear it was summer, it was that hot today. And since it is that magical time of he year, the hormones are flowing, the girls are dressing more and more like girls, and Scott is just wondering what the hell he is doing. Y'know, I really wish I could just go to Randi and say yes already, but it ain't happening. The last thing I want is to get tangled up in a relationship that is only there because there was nobody else. All the same, between you and me, I think she might be fine with that, but I don't want to find out. At least, I hope it doesn't come to that. No offense to her, she's a greal girl: quick and funny, pretty and gregarious, but there were things that bothered me. Trivial shit, shit that shouldn't matter but bugged me all the same and I just can't see it working better a second time around even without another guy in the picture.

So if anybody out there is reading this, congrats on knowing my most intimate teenage problems. I could very well be writing this in my Writer's Craft journal, but no, I've chosen to make my problems public. What a tool I must look like, but who are you to judge? Haha, I love attempts at alienating the readers - makes me feel big. Seriously, if you enjoy reading this thing, I enjoy writing in it. It's actually helped over the last year. Holy crap, I've been doing this almost a year now. If I was the sentimental type, I'd consider doing a huge celebration for that event next month. Fortunately, I'm too lazy to be legitimately sentimental, so be thankful for that.

So anyway, yeah, I'm a bit stuck for the moment, and nothing looks like it's gonna change. I'm just sort of pacing back and forth, wondering when I'm just going to give in to what even now I realize must be inevitable.

Eh, one can only do so much kvetching in a single entry. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home