4/20/2005

2.3: Sanctuary (The World Drags Me Down)

Okay, a real quick entry. No feelings or crap today, jsut a quick, bizarre anecdote.

Yesterday was such a nice day. It was so nice that I skipped law to go outside and play, figured, eh, it's a sub, it won't make a difference. Now, later that evening, Mom got a call from the attendance robot, saying I'd skipped. So I bullshit her at first, saying "Yeah, we had a sub, he must've written it down wrong," and she says "Okay, no big deal, wouldn't have mattered to me anyway." So I figured Eh, why bother?" Because I don't like to lie if I don't have to, so I square it out with mom and admit "Yeah, I skipped." Well, okay, she's not happy, but we're cool. No big deal. So today, I decided my skipping days were behind me, and went to class, did my work like a good little boy, and went home, proud of myself. And yet, after dinner, Mom almost immediately comes over to me and says "So are you having trouble in 5th period? It says you skipped again." Woah, what?? I actually go to class and this is the thanks I get? I've often had this theory about my ability to be precognisant in my writing; like, some of the stuff I wrote in Summer of Sixteen ended up happening to me, and in Night Sessions, among other things, but this is just whack, man. So now I don't think mom trusts me, sicne it's so unlikely. I don't believe it myself, but I've got work in my binder to prove it.

So that was a little fucked up. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home