Trois: In my travels
A short entry tonight. It's been a weird day. Literally one of those "up at the crack of dawn" days where something disturbs my slumber and it won't let go no matter how vigorously I try to rest. It was like 5:30 when some shifting and stirring woke me up and by 6:15 or so, tired of tossing and turning, I grumbled "fuck it," got dressed and schlepped my way downstairs.
Well, as is customary in these scenarios, when I'm up early I get out of the house. I just think it's neat to walk around while the sun's still coming up. I think that even though I had developed a taste for coffee a while back it's now more like a mere tolerance. I can drink it, I can stand it, but even Tim Horton's doesn't satisfy (and in all my travels, that's been the best place for coffee.) It's far from my favourite beverage and when you sleep as little as I did last night, on an empty stomach all it does is create light nausea.
Well after milling about the house for a bit, I had an errand to run - trek all the way uptown to Alyssa's place to return a book ("The Beat Generation") I hadn't realized I held onto long after our Beat presentation. So I dropped that off with her mom. I clocked my round trip in at 2 hours, although I made a wide detour through the old neighbourhood for nostolgia's sake, so it could actually have been less.
Speaking of Alyssa, last night while she was explaining what happened to Saturday night*, we discovered a mutual interest in the "universal language," Esperanto. She inspired me to take a free lesson in it, by linking the free lesson and saying "I'm gonna do this." (After some trepidation, I looked in and thought what's the harm?) I like the idea of being bilingual, but haven't got the patience for French or Spanish. So far I'm getting ahold of it pretty well (my experience in French and at the tutelage of Guthrie probably help this.) This is my new side-hobby, y'knopw, aside from comics, movies, reviewing, writing, webmastering and trying to get set up for college. I've got way too much to do with whatever free time I have. At least it keeps me focused.
Did nothing all day. Meant to work on Sewerman but wrote something instead. Watched Arrested Development on DVD, which Eric just got back yesterday. At some point I hurt my left arm, which is still tired and sore (perhaps from playing darts.) Hoping I can sleep it off.
So that's the entry for today. Time to get some shuteye.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotto
*See Meatloaf, on the soundtrack to Rocky Horror Picture Show

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home