9/22/2005

Seventeen: A Pendulum Between Light and Darkness

Ex-HAUSTED.

Where do I begin? Let's take it from the top. Yesterday, I left class early to catch the bus to work, since I figured this week it'd be easier just to do my job than get out of it. Not to mention more profitable. It didn't matter, since the big thing was a test that lasted 10 minutes (and totally cribbed from Guthrie's Writer's Craft! I laughed quietly to myself with delight.) So I left very early, and what luck, I got on the bus going in the wrong direction. So I basically ended up being a half hour late for work anyway. Yet nobody seemed to notice or care. So it's a half-hour less on my punchcard. Whatever.

Aside: As the latest in my neverending series of seeing people from WOSS whilst coming to or from school, I ran into Sonya LaFleur yesterday and joked with her about her part in Oklahoma.

So, work. Hate it. Hate my job, hate the people there, and am particularly wary of the girl who works the counter (Natasha?) who I'm sure has it out for me. Hate the hours. Hate that mom didn't wait for my call and showed up muy early to give me a lift home. She ended up hanging around for an hour, until Val just told me "well Scott you can go."

On the other hand... love my paycheck.

So indeed, got home circa midnight last night, and after assorted winding down, and doing my last-minute reading for History of Journalism, I went to bed at quarter to two.

And I was up at quarter to 7, since I had an 8 o'clock class (the aforementioned History o' Journalism.) 5 hours of sleep is not enough to rest up after 5 hours of work + any other walking around I'd done during the day. As is customary during History o' Journalism, I indulged in a cup of coffee at break. Also... I happened to particularly enjoy the act of sitting down.

Eventually, the day ended, mercifully.

After class, at about 1:30, I found myself bored and in need of a boredom-killer. So I stopped by everyone's favourite hall of nostalgia, Rosser's Period 5 Grade 11 Drama class. My presence set off, unexpectedly, a round of Psychiatrist (the rules of which I'd forgotten since Grade 10,) during which I did my best to entertain and inform.

Frankly, it's a wonder I don't show up more often, considering I go by there every friggin' day, sometimes twice. Count your blessings, Rosser.

Feeling pretty good, although that may just be because I'm full of ice cream. I mean, I got back in contact today with someone I didn't expect. And I was not excited about that, since it filled me with dread. Longtime readers may figure about whom I'm talking. And if she's reading (doubtful,) I just hope her intentions are innocent.

For the record, I actually did talk to Kyle today about when I could resume work. So we're on our way on that.

Is this weird? I'm excited to go to sleep tonight. I mean, I'll get a really good night's sleep if all goes as planned.

I know, people are actually reading this and the most thrilling topic I can broach is sleep. What kind of loser college student am I?

Keep on rockin'
~Willie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home