pg18: A world that's so cold
You know, I don't really have anything to say today.
Then again, when do I ever really have anything to say? I think that's the idea behind this blog. I didn't consciously know about it at the time, but this blog basically conforms to Guthrie's classic "writing journal" theory - at least 20 minutes (or in my case, often 30 minutes to 45 minutes ot an hour,) of solid writing, pen-to-paper, (or in my case, finger-to-keyboard,) every day. And sometimes when you keep writing, interesting topics just fly out, even when you weren't thinking about them. That's often the philosophy behind this blog.
I have to choose an elective course for next semester soon. There's a complaint in the class that we haven't got enough options, and I certainly don't disagree, but all things considered I don't mind. I'd be equally apathetic about it if I had more choices. Or fewer choices, for that matter. I think I'm going to go with film analysis, since though it may end up boring me to tears, at least it will be on a subject in which I am interested. I filled myself up on poetry and philosophy and mythology and history and theatre in high school (with all due respect to the drama kids,) and the time is opportune to try something different. Commtech never really afforded this kind of glance at film, and really, why should it... far too lofty a goal for such a visceral class. Whatever that means. I'll let you figure it out.
There's this weird shortcut on my keyboard whenever I hold down ctrl+shift that sends the text into a preview mode. It's annoying because I keep trying to hit ctrl+shift+back to erase stuff... yet the shortcut doesn't work if it's shift+ctrl. I'll have to psychologically change my habit of hitting ctrl first.
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on the stuff that goes into this blog, how people might feel if they read it, what they might think about me. This all comes after my buddy's unexpected outburst on his blog, which I'm still a little annoyed about. But we don't talk about that. I decided a long time ago that it didn't matter to me who read the blog. This isn't a commercial publication or even a website that I do for the attention of others. I wrote the same way when I thought nobody was reading it (although I made fewer references to the readership.) If I were to do something that I wanted people to pay attention to, I'd show you Redneck Comics or Interneta. Not this. This is jsut another unimportant blog that people happen to stumble upon and read. And thank you to those of you that do. I think I'm done yelling about this now.
Today's class is History & Politics. I'm a little concerned about that class, since it's gone downhill since it was revealed that almost nobody picked up the Politics textbook. I feel like my marks are going to take a nosedive because ofthe current format of the class.
Ah well. You win some, you lose some.
Off to work tonight. Kinda wish there was someone to visit me, but I'm guessing there's not.
I should really try to keep a few more Sundays open. Albert can never work Sundays and he always call me and I always tell him "no" now. I'd kinda like to make the extra cash. All the same, however... it's more work.
Conflicted, as usual.
Keep on rockin'
Scott "The Man with the Golden Blog" Williams

1 Comments:
to erase things all you have to do is hit ctrl + Z, no shift needed. I would visit if distance permitted it.
Post a Comment
<< Home