1/29/2006

7A: Funnier than your boyfriend

It's been a weird weekend. Buckle up, 'cause I've got some blogging to do.

The events began on Friday, when mom announced, as usual, that she was going out, around 11. And as is customary it was met with a shrugging "have fun, don't wake me up when you get it" from me. Well, see, earlier in the night we'd had to order pizza since nobody was around to pick it up for us, and Eric was upstairs wiating for it. On his way down, he'd fidgeted with the lock on the basement door. Somehow during the course of the night, after mom had left, the door had gotten knocked shut, effectively locking us in the basement. I noticed this around 1 when I wanted to go to bed.

I began to panic. I checked the front door. As expected, locked. I checked for keys. There were none. We called mom. Her helpful solution (via Wally,) was to pry the trim off the doorway and jimmy the lock with a credit card. So gleefully, Eric set to finding a hammer and something to wedge in there (a trowl,) and began to bang away at it. I washed my hands of the whole thing, sitting, arms folded, on the couch, muttering "this won't work, this is never gonna work." Sure enough, just as it was in the process of not working, I went outside and happened upon Wally's ladder, which I didn't know we had. If i did, I would have put it to use after Brandon's suggestion that I open my window from the outside. Sure enough, it worked. Gotta give Brandon the credit for that one, since I didn't think that was such a great idea. Still though, amazingly enough Eric actutually got the trim off the door. He just never would have been able to unlock it, rendering the whole plan disasterous - which it was anyway.

The weekend continued. The next morning was bowling, which was uninteresting in and of itself (although I did hang out with Katherine Ingoldsby, who is a cool girl, and more-or-less the source of this post's title,) but also the Hanleys brought their girlfriends with them. Now, I generally don't think it's sucha great idea to drag your woman out of the house at 8:30 in the morning to watch you bowl, but who knows? Maybe they enjoyed it. Apparently, however, Scott's girlfriend broke up with him right there, so maybe not. I stayed out of it, for my part.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday that I walked over to the comic store, before coming back, doing some editing, getting my grocery shopping done, and going to dad's for dinner. It had been a busy day. It ended with Mom's 50th bash at "The Cop Shop Fine Dining," an upscale dive bar that is located on the seedy edge of town next to a pornographic video store. Draw your own conclusions. It's where mom and Wally hang out apparently when they go out late, leading me to question the type of people they're hanging around with. I shot some pool with Eric nd Aunt Lori, before some really sketchy character (apparently a friend of Wally's) put down a buck fifty to play the winner, condescendingly hailing me as "being good." If you were at Alyssa's birthday back in the summer, you know I suck and am quite up front about it. I was not enthusiastic about that, nor was Aunt Lori. I lost (after sinking the 8 ball with the cueball,) and Aunt Lori was forced to play the guy.

Oh yeah, and Wally's other friend picked the lock off the machine so that we could have unlimited play. What a nice criminal.

What ended up happening was that Brandon drank way too much and Eric tried to eat his weight in wings. I left with dad, they decided to stay and got a ride home with Aunt Lori and Gail. When they got home, Brandon had an unexplained gash on his thumb and was arguing with the dog. Um... yeah. And people wonder why I don't drink with my family.

On the plus side, the DJ played many of our favourite tunes by Supertramp and the Rolling Stones

I've done tonnes of editing lately. I was up until 3:30 last night on it. I'm getting some really good work done. There are a few scenes right in the middle, toward the end of act 2 that I really think are going to blow people away. I only have a few more days' worth of work left (which may amount to a week or two,) which I'm really excited about.

This effin' thing is actually happening.

Today Eric and I walked out to the mall to get Mom's gift. Oy, what a debacle... the weather, dreadful, m'dear! (To quote a delightful adlib from Alyssa that did not make the final cut.) We had to get a ride home from Wally (obviously we couldn't ask mom, luckily we feel comfortable with Wally.) Andddd that brings you up to speed.

Kris was supposed to stay over this week starting today, but he's just gonna go back home since he couldn't arrange a ride. Unfortunate.

Well that's that. Talk to you later. Or not, hopefully, if I don't like you (you know who you are... don't you? haha, I'm such a bastard.)

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home