3/07/2006

5* Blood runs cold

I want, desperately, to care about the strike. i want to be outraged, I want to be furious.

On a deep level, I'm getting as screwed over as any other college student, despite having most of my college year comped - it's the principle of the thing.

I should be pissed, but I'm not. Instead, I just marvel at how, once again, the universe has delivered to me poetic serendipity. Now, from time to time, I refer to "the universe" as though it were a sentient being with thoughts and motivations. Sometimes I do that to be facetious, and sometimes I wonder if it's not just manipulating us in its own design, in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, I just have to laugh, because in school, I've been burned out. My insecurities as a journalist have become my daily toast, and it's all I can do but nod and wink as I evade them once again, albeit temporarily.

That's not to say I'm happy with this altogether. I'm in purgatory - an uncertain state between heaven and hell inwhich I can in no way be comfortable - and it sucks. I'm perched precariously between an education and a vacation, not knowing how to act. I've mostly been kicking around the house all day, stretching out and watching TV. As I so often do when I'm up early enough, I visited the young ones (and Robyn,) at Chez Ferguson. Then I watched "The Big Lebowski," which I'd never watched the whole way through, and went to the bank. That was my day.

A little over a half-hour ago, Kyle Sanderson left my house with his external harddrive. On the harddrive was the official AVI version of "Half-Past Eight PM" and the deleted scene to accompany it. When he walked out the door, I felt this immense feeling of closeure that had been caught in my chest ever since I learned the DVD burner on the Acer wouldn't work. I'm not out of the woods yet, perhaps (knock wood,) but it's out of my hands. Perhaps it was never really in my hands. Perhaps this entire endeavour has been the work of forces far greater than myself.

Or maybe I just wrote it because I was pissed off, and people ended up enjoying it.

Oh yeah, that's it.

Well, ta for now, suckers, I'm gonna go do some real writing. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home