v21: Thou wouldst be king
Sometimes it's hard being a stubborn ass who dislikes using the telephone.
Not only do I not like picking up the phone or dialing it, I'm finding it difficult to even answer it since we got caller display. If I don't see a name I recognize I put it the hell down -- and that happens fairly frequently. Why the very moment I stepped in the door this afternoon the damn phone starting ringing. Bloody solicitors. I'd like to grind 'em up into sausage.
Such a peculiar day. As per usual, I was awakened bright and early, and skulked down to the ole G-Wing for the Mythology exam. Dispatched in about an hour, rambling about Odysseus. Went home, dropped off the Mythology book, picked up the usual notebook (not that I usually use it and indeed have recently scrawled some of my more... esoteric creations within.) Watched "Network" in the newsroom, weeks after Haasim had lent it to me (and hopefully I see him tomorrow, or else I'll have to hold onto it for the summer.) Good flick, Lumet is such a talented director with virtually any project... except the Wiz. Even he couldn't make that good (and yes, I've seen it. Nipsy Russell, however, is the man.) This was done while eating one of Tim Horton's new chicken salad wraps. Apparently you can get a wrap made of any sandwich, but they're pushing the chicken salad, which works for me because that's my sandwich at Tim's. It was as messy as the usual sandwich. My favourite part is the ice cream scoop used to dish out the chicken salad. As former cafeterial servant, I'm well aware of the multitude of applications of the ice cream scoop.
Chaotically, I finally got past my last big hurdle in the school year, my Globalization presentation. It was all kind of a blur as, not wanting to be "stiff-as-a-board-and-half-as-interesting" guy, I animated myself as much as poissible, possibly to the point of incoherence. Mansoor had advised me beforehand of the dangers of "standing there, reading," and I knew I couldn't let that be me. All the same I didn't have much in the way of impressive visual aids, so I had to rely on what I naturally have: stage presence. I had to go up there and look like I knew it all of the top of my head and was prepared to rattle the facts off like it was a normal conversation, in the process making hand gestures and eye contact to the point where what I was saying was engrossing enough that it didn't matter whether or not I covered all 8 of the P's - just that I had thoroughly engaged. Not sure what Mike Walsh had to say about it, he was a little stonefaced the whole time, but I don't think we hit much turbulence. And there were other groups - not naming names - contrasted with whom we seemed positively electric, and I think that helps.
Whatev's. I'm not worried.
Things are shaking up. I'm done school effective tomorrow (and ostensibly today, if not for my lack of willingness to get Roy's test out of the way.) Bonnie's moving out, to be replaced by Emily. Nice girl, owns a pug. Should work well.
Tomorrow, I at last get to sleep in, which I haven't been able to do regularly since the end of strikage. And I'll have to start looking for work soon. We'll see how that works out.
The post ends on an unfocussed note, much like my current state of affairs. I'll get the next one straightened out. In a greater sense, I've got a fair bit to get straightened out.
Keep on rockin' you out there,
Scotto~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home