4/25/2007

2:00 PM: Nobody can see the vortex

So I'm sitting in the newsroom, putting off my work.

This is not unusual, although I do have a number of articles due today, one of which is only half done (the other is mostly done.) Eventually, I heard back from one of my interview subjects... it was a no, they were busy. But in the end, it wasn't all that important that I interview them.

I'm in the process of burning all my MacBook files to CD. It goes home today. It's been a strange, turbulent time, these past many months. We haven't always gotten along, but contrary to what Haasim believes, I do respect it. I think it's not as good as a PC in many respects, but it's still a computer and it still has been very useful to me. Last year, I neglected to back up all my various files, this year I will not do the same.

This marks the end of my Sheridan Journalism experience. And THAT's weird. I might jot down some more in-depth thoughts on the subject later (I know I've got many) but I haven't got the energy right now. I just really wanted to write this post.

I'm going to go back and read this entry someday, and not recall what was going through my head, probably. It's hard to believe I'm done here. I'm going to miss it. I'm all sentimental and crap. At the same time, I'm not out of the woods, I still have two articles to turn in by 5:00, and three reviews due Friday. So life ain't exactly peaches and cream.

I should probably get down to brass tacks eventually. There are some girls here in th Newsroom trying to print 11x17. I don't really know why they are printing at this point in the year, but hey, I'm still here so weird things happen sometimes.

This is far from my best post ever. In fact, I'd say it's pretty close to my worst, (but not quite there.)

I'll check in later, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home