11/13/2007

Chapter 7: It's not so easy to forget

Not much to say tonight, but as I've not been seen in a while, I'll say it anyhow.

Yesterday was beautiful. It was gray, it was foggy, the rain clung to the air like a moist atmosphere; by all accounts a dreary day, but with the fresh sauna ambiance and the temperature at equilibrium between warm and refreshing, it was beautiful.

I only had two classes, but I also had to return a DVD of the silent movie (Death's Marathon) to Robarts. On my way out of philosophy, something unexpected happened.

I got the "opposite shoulder tap." And I fell for it.

I haven't gotten one of those in years, and when it happens it's almost certainly flirtation, which is... well, it's fucked right now. I'm a little fucked, but fine. it's a good problem to have. From the beginning of the year, I was meeting many women, planting as many seeds as I could, and by now I'm seeing if there's anything to, I dunno, harvest. I like talking to women at this point of my life. It's the only way of demonstrating how far I've come in 4 years or so. time was, I couldn't really talk to any woman, even platonically (unless I was bitching about some other woman.)

I was late, because of Robarts, for my train, and read my book at Union after an unsuccessful attempt to win a prize at the arcade. From the GO station, I walked home in the fog, cheerful and optimistic. I spent a great deal of the evening working on my write-up for Cinema Studies, which tookj a while but was mostly reproducing what I'd done on Saturday (which was on lined paper) and then doing a brief write-up. Not a big deal, but we'll see how I do. I'm always uncertain. I can't help but doubt myself.

Sunday was Remembrance day. I didn't really observe it, although surely there were various expanses of time during hich I wasn't talking. I kept losing my poppies, and then getting embarrassed at passing a veteran selling them and not having one on, so I'd buy another one. It's kind of depressing to me that someday before long, all the veterans of WWII, the only really good war, will be dead.

How did I get 30 hits yesterday? What is that about? Inconceivable.

Today was not much. I woke from a very comfortable sleep and went to school, learned some stuff and came home. Did some writing. The weather was terrific, although not as transcendant as yesterday, just conventionally nice, bright and mild. For November, that's as great as you can dream of.

As I said, not much to report, but that's the usual. Bedtime now.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home