2.0: Crackers and beer
I'm feeling pressured to do my usual recap of my entire weekend. It's one of those cases where I put off writing an entry so long that what I would have written about is no longer interesting or relevant.
I mean, what did I do Friday? I got up and went to school. We discussed philosophy, we discussed english, we discussed movies. Stuff happened in between, but it was primarily reading, eating and being on the computer.
On my way home, I got to the Oakville bus, and ran into someone I used to bowl with. He was down for the weekend from Waterloo where he'd been going to school. We caught up a little, but didn't generally have too much to say to each other. We always got along but never had much in common. Everyone has these acquaintances.
I got home and lulled around the house all evening until 10:30 or so when Risk became afoot. It's been a very long time since me, Chris, Pat and CB all managed to get together for a game, and I haven't even seen CB in weeks. So neither Pat nor CB were there, but Ryan Lai was. Edgar was going to come, but ran late so we dealt the cards and started a 3-man game. Just as we were rolling for first, Edgar pops up on MSN and pledges to be over soon, to deal the cards and wait for him. He promised KD to sweeten the deal. We accepted.
Despite the KD, the game flamed out early, with Edgar basically obliterating me, letting Chris steamroll all over the place and ultimately knock both Edgar and me out in a single crushing blow after turning in a set (then the set he got from Edgar went toward destroying me.) The game only lasted a couple hours and a lot of that saw us halting play to either make more KD or watch How I Met Your Mother for extended periods. Ryan still tood at the end but was far from capable of containing Chris' empire. Bitterness flew from me quite freely. We watched Superbad after that and it calmed my jangled nerves somewhat.
It was 4:00 by the time I got into bed and I gladly slept late the next day. Saturday was basically nothing. Eric went off to hang out with an ole friend of his in Burlington around dinner so it was mostly just me all night. I didn't really have anything going on so I went catatonic in front of the TV for a while. Then I started randomly chatting up people I know, mostly Lauren, catching up on her school situation and discussing the virtues of crackers that taste like bell peppers, among other things.
Today was more of the basically nothing. I don't know. Not a great weekend I suppose but a good relaxation. Apart from the fact that I drew a Regular Guy comic for the first time in months - it'll be up shortly - I've got nothing today. I did watch both Bill & Ted movies on MPix today, which brought back some positive memories (of watching Bill & Ted, which used to be on every weekend in the summer of 2000 or 2001.)
Anyway I'm just ranting pointlessly by now, so I'm gonna sign off. See ya later and keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home