E: Harsh winds and acorns
Ah, here I sit in Innis computer lab, cussin the world for feelin' drab.
I haven't checked in in a while. Life's been getting me down a bit. I told myself at the beginning of the year that I wasn't gonna stress. I almost made myself a liar. I forgot that you have to at least try to stay on top of things. I've been far too lassaiz-faire. It doesn't help that I spent the weekend in a mental deadzone just trying to keep from being zombified. After a grueling nature walk, we all just kinda came home and collapsed. Much of the weekend was spent watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Eric's laptop. While dad was away Eric ruefully vowed to gt his stuff together for next time. Traffic was a bitch on the way home, too.
I had a paper to write. I didn't know where to begin or what I wanted to say until last night - it's due today. I skipped some classes to get this done. I also skipped a class to vote yesterday. That's one of those things I have to get under control. With my schedule the week can seem like a long slog but I've got to remember how much of it is essential, or necessary, or at least recommended. This has just been a bad week. I've felt off a step. I'm not the only one.
Part of my skipping today involved getting to the train station somewhat late - about an hour - and running into Doug. It's always nice to run into someone I rarely see, get the update, and talk life. Like me he's a commuter, but he feels it doublebecause the commute to Hamilton is unpleasant, and he works. Bummer. I was thinking about getting my old HMV job back. I'm not sure whether the ship has sailed - might as well check it out tomorrow. My old manager is on leave so they have a temporary manager in the store. Unfortunate, since Cooper was one of the few managers I ever had that I really got along with.
I just need to weather another paper and relax a bit, keep up with my readings. Life is just grinding and grinding me these days, even little things that should roll off me seem to pile up. I wonder about the play, whether it will go ahead. I wonder if I can actually get Cary to help direct.
I've got to find my balance. Haven't had much to say today, I'll try to make life more interesting in the near future.
Keep on rockin
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home