Midnight: Desperate desires lead to desperate pleasures
I asked the magic 8-Ball and didn't like what it had to say;
but every one of its words came true yesterday.
So it's 2009. A nice odd number I suppose. I have a feeling it'll be better than 2008 based purely on speculation and potential. I've been saying that a lot. I don't have much other than that to go on. 2008 ended on a bummer note. I'm going to talk vaguely because certain people who ought not know what did, didn't, or was supposed to happen, will read this thing. This is for their own protection.
I was supposed to do something. At least, I'd made some vague inquiries about it. It was hardly a binding contract, but I'd asked Chris about tagging along and it was agreed. Well, while I was waiting for him to come online, I struck up a conversation with his brother. It seemed Cary potentially needed some help with a project. It wasn't definite and he seemed unable to get ahold of CB so I offered my services. So I waited around while he figured out whether he'd need my help or not. By the time he told me he didn't, Chris had already taken off without contacting me. I tried to call RyLai to head him off at the pass, but... well, it wasn't the most engrossing conversation he and I ever had, let me tell you that. Denied.
So I wound up at Cary's anyhow, watching the end of the hockey game and Dance of the Dead, a zombie prom flick Cary insisted was better than Shaun of the Dead. I thought it was funny, but I really like Shaun of the Dead. Anyway, the night continued in the theme of zombie movies - Army of Darkness and Dawn of the Dead - until about 10 to midnight at which point we put on the CityTV New Year's Special and marveled at Kreesha Turner's bubble. Yipe. Popped the champagne and drank our yearly toast to capitalizing on potential. His project hadn't worked out, which is a shame since I was rooting for him.
Cassie stopped by sometime after midnight. She'd had an odd night too, from what I drunkenly remember hearing, so I guess we had ourselves a little lonely hearts club band going. We hung out a while, Cary's parents came home, I drunkenly slurred my way through some cursory conversation.
I fell asleep as Cary and I watched Being John Malkovich and I muttered whatever drunken soliloquy I had on the tip of my brain. I went home at about noon, ate some breakfast to get the taste of champagne morning breath out of my mouth, cleaned up, and began a rather hectic day.
The family came over and I spent most of the night playing with the kids since B and E aren't back yet. I introduced them to the Wii, but they couldn't agree which sport they wanted to play, so it didn't work out well. It was worth a shot.
I'm kinda worn out. I'll tell ya this much... I could really use a fresh start. There's some real shit I could stand to pull together, let me tell ya. But that's nothing new. So the saying goes, nothin' ever changes but the date.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home