12/22/2009

VII: I didn't think you wouldn't

It's amazing how little time I've taken for myself lately. Someday I will re-read this section of the archives and marvel at the gap between my last post and this one, but then I may or may not remember I spent most of this time working. Been busy.

The other morning I woke up and thought about what I'd do if they offered me a permanent job. They're gonna need people after the new year, they've lost one since I started and they'll lose another one in the new year. Karen really likes me, that much is clear -- she's been building up my reputation for finding things to where some of the other temps clearly see me as some kind of inhuman stock finding demigod. It gets awkward when I find myself at a loss for finding things.

But yeah, been thinking about that. I know it'd be a lot slower, which is good since I could really use some relaxation time in the New Year. I haven't gotten back to the script in a while now, which is fine since I haven't felt funny in a while... funny enough to confidently write comedy. It's nice to be able to work at my own pace yet at the same time there's pressure. If comedy were my day job I think I'd have to work hard to block out the frustrations and shit that impedes me.

Friday night I went to the bar with Jamie and Cait. Like Taylor, they have a lot more to talk about than I did so I drifted into awkward third wheel territory again. Bummed me out. Then I got home and Eric was there, so we've been watching Lost and just hanging out in general during the times I am not at work.

Right now I am writing this in the brief time before work. It is 8:10 AM. I wasn't booked, but I've gotten savvy enough to know when I'll be called in. I took shifts for the next three days but I'm hoping to dump my Christmas eve one.

I'll check back in later with more stuff later tonight.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home