5/06/2019

Seven: No time like the presence / Empty of myself

I couldn't decide between two titles today and it's possible, I daresay likely, I would forget them before having a chance to uae both. In fact, that's arguably the reason I'm even blogging - not because the titles are so great, but because I have them, and want a record of them. That of course was always the entire purpose of this thing.

I've been reading old posts again, just when the two or three websites I actually enjoy are between updates, to give my brain some sweet content to chew on. In one Icused the typo about presencecand I liked it so I rehashed.

Right this second I am sitting up in bed waiting for laundry to be done. It's one of my more enjoyably self destructive tendencies to sit up and read or write while Mel sleeps and I should also be sleeping, but the laundry thing is a legit concern since the dryer makes a chiming noise so there's no point trying to sleep if it is going. Ditto the dishwasher. And sometimes it's just cool to hang out in bed in darkness while someone sleeps.

I was thinking about blogging. I have quite a few official projects lately. I'm keepig the X-Men readthrough going, and it's getting decent support. We'll see howcI feel about it in another year when I'm well past the Dark Phoenix Saga (whic is currently being posted) and into those draggy, aimless mid-80s stretches. I've thought about howcI might modify the blog if I get tired of doing it the way it is, or when I have to accomodate two monthly comics. But we'll see. The current format is the best way of doing things. But not the only.

I like it. I like reading, parsing the narrative, analyzing and commenting. I had wanted to do this idea for years before I finally felt prepared to. I put in the work.

I do my other blog, Better Late Than Never, once or a few times a month, depending if I have something to say. I write differently there than here. It's not like I have the mental energy to really craft a masterpiece but I have my voice, my "smart idiot finding out about the world" perspective. Sometimes I tell personal stories in a more elevated way thsn here. Sometimes I write at length about Game of Thrones. I don't know what else I do. I completed a three parter running down the whole saga of Half-Past. Ryan commented, which was nice and a little unexpected. My conclusion was thst I'll never be the writer I thought I was going to be, but that doesn't make me nothing.

It's not meant to be any huge thing, just an outlet, a sounding board. I think an outlet and a project are always important for ne. Not that anything I say is of specual value or perspective, but it's content, delicious wholesome content.

Sometimes I feel it's not enough, but I don't have the wherewithal to attempt something bigger or more meaningful. I have given thought to e-fedding, only I would control the entire scenario based on characters I devised for my TEW scenario. You've really got to want it to go that far. I don't even know that nobody would read it, if I took it to an FW board and said "Look, just check it out and see where it goes."

At times I think about reviving myself as a music critic, or incorporating that into BLTN, but it would oddly be a bad fit - if I do it, thats what I do, not a watered down sideshow. So I resist. Posts discussing my time as a musoc blogger or addressing music's importance in my life are another matter. It's about staying on brand.

My point is, I do keep busy, but mainly during these fringe moments so not with anything that cant3 be tossed off. Nothing serious. But not nothing.

This past weekend was Mel's dad's 60th. We went out to a piano bar - really a pub with music.  "DUELLING PIANOS"  was actually a piano player and his son and daughter or dryms and sax taking requests. I don't know what duwlling pianos actually is. They played good boomer atuff - Born to Run, Bee Ges, September, SwwetvCaroljne. A good time but gads long. And too much pop country. We got home after 1. I did enjoy the Radiohead/Hollies mashup.

Well. I hear my chime and I've gotten some stuff off my chest for tonight. Not everything, but maybe sometime soon I'll be back. Gym early tomorrow so I should probably turn in as early as possible.

Today was the first really nice day, so I took a long route home. Nice, but by the time I got in I was ready to be in.

Keep on rockin'
The Same Scotto as Always

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home