25: 55%
Well, today is not everything I would have hoped it would be. I'm alone at home (with Hank) but I'm laid up on the couch with a severe case of Sleptwrongitis. It set in just after I got in from walking Hank, because otherwise I had been feeling relatively energetic and go-gettery after dropping Mel off at the train station.
On Tuesday, Hank had dental surgery, which went about as well as these things do. We fasted hin overnight ans gave him some meds, although part of me felt like we didnt do a good job with the anti-nausea meds we were only given half a tab of and ended up dissolving into liquid we hoped he would ingest. Nevertheless it seemed to have no negative impact on the result.
Mind you, we did have some fears. We got up and walked Hank over, then took him to the kennel in the back and signed some papers, which included some obligatory bits about worst case scenarios, which put me (us) into a funk with concern over said worst cases and fear we wouldn't get our Hankey back.
And indeed it was worse than hoped for, as they informed us -- not surprisingly -- that he needed more than one tooth out. Luckily, given Hank's sporadic dental health, it was only one other. We were able to get him at 5 and he was slightly loopy and very whiny, probably because he was hungrier than we could feed him. We comfortws him as best we could, taking turns curling up on the floor with him.
Eventually he settled in and the next morning he was his usual bright eyed bushy tailed self. It's been fine since, he just needs to have soft food for a few weeks.
Mel wasn't sure if she would follow through with her plans to go to the office, but seeing how good Hank was doing she went ahead. After walking him, my neck locked up so I've pretty much just been on the couch all day, first watching wrestling, now LOST (end of s3.) Which sucks because I was raring to go on some writing, and the kitchen needs a clean, and I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do driving Mel home. But I've taken some extra strength tylenol and I *can* sit up a bit, so... well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
I dont feel too bad or anything because it is what it is, but it just sucks. Obviously I need to kick into next gear on this job search, but when I feel up to the challenge things grt in my way. Maybe I should barrel through but... man it's tough.
Tough to be anything, really.
Keep on rockin'
Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home