XXXIV: Anyone with a key can get in
Nothing new is happening. I'm experiencing a sort of executive dysfunction. There are definitely things I could and should do with my time, but I find myself sitting with the dogs and scrolling on my phone. I should be more pro-active, I should be looking for a job, I should write. I should clean the kitchen. But something within me has shut down. We got back from vacation and I needed a bit of time to decompress and develop a routine around these two dogs, but I think we're past the grace period with that.
Last night at dinner, Mel asked me about my day and I just sighed, "It wasn't productive." Which is a sucky way to look at life in general, but it's one people understand. And she reciprocated that her own day wasn't productive because she's trying to get into the groove of this new job and it's not smooth.
Maybe things are happening, but I'm not doing. A difference.
One random thing we did was that I brought up the VCR and we spend Sunday watching the tape of the Lip Sync from 1994. It was kind of an impromptu thing I guess because I had seen an entry for Forrest Gump on Netflix (under "90s Heartthrobs"?) and I noted that I wished I could show her the one where i did the Al Yankovic song. All we had was '94, which I thought at least Eric was on, but no. Mel sat through all that and the only family member she saw was mom doing the Locomotion with Penny and some other moms. It wasn't necessarily a bad show as far as those things go, but imagine sitting through it with no emotional investment, and freakishly low video quality.
Well, for me it was a walk down memory lane. I messaged my dad and he mentioned he had a couple sitting around, but not the one I really wanted. But he does allegedly have 95, which I am on, I believe.
You know, after all that trailer talk, it was nice to time-travel back to the old days. See Sandy again. Other people we've lost.
That night we ended up having leftover sausages for dinner which was... fine, but nothing to get excited about. Monday we got around to cleaning Mel's office and setting up her new setup, although she was still kind of glum about there still being clutter. We had some skewers for dinner, which was nice.
Tuesday was the beginning of Mel's bumpy transition to her new company. Pizza for dinner. Don't ask me why it's important to me to keep logging what all our meals were. Yesterday we went out to Kelsey's because Mel had an appointment and it seemed to make the most sense, but she's going out again tonight with a friend. Then I have no idea what's going on tomorrow or through the weekend.
I have some more tasks I'm neglecting. This is a nothing post. And that's fine, I just needed it out on record.
I guess this one sees me in the middle of a knot.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home