7/05/2026

XXVII: Flash Flood

So, my previous post, I kind of got cut off, and then I didn't manage to get back to it, so I posted it as it was.

There's been a lot of nothing to catch up on. We're living our lives, I'm struggling with my employment situation. One day, a guy gave me the finger on the road. That was a crazy one; we were in an awkward situation where I was in the turning lane, and the bus was beside me, but the bus is going to turn because there is a lane closure that makes it hard for the bus to turn from the lane closure. So I know when that light turns green, I'm not going to kick it into gear before the bus does, so I just let it go. And man, the dude behind me DID NOT CARE FOR THAT. Sheesh. I mean, I maybe could have made it, but he would've gotten eaten by the bus, you know? You're supposed to yield to those things. So we all got where we were going, but he had to be an asshole about it. It's the kind of thing that makes you wish you had dash cam.

I don't know. In those situations, I always wish I was someone stronger and more formidable than I am. I always wish I was someone who would be the wrong person to fuck with, that I had secret strength that only came out when some asshole wrongs me. That's the sad but real fantasy about superhero comics, I guess. There was that time in high school my friends and I were getting pelted by some dried up fries thrown by some older thug type dudes, and my friend slips me over a plate with a fry covered in ketchup and I'm so pissed I go for it. Just chuck it and immediately walk away. The dude caught me, and he was gonna beat my ass, because apparently the ketchup landed on his expensive basketball jersey. But a teacher happened to be walking by, and then I heard I was a marked man for a while but it settled down.

So, you know. I don't like bullies. I don't like assholes. That's a theme of a book I want to write. I heard that the director Uwe Boll is a trained boxer who threatens to fight anyone who gives him a bad review. So this internet critic took him up on it, but it turns out he's a trained muay thai fighter, so Boll backed down. Obviously I have absolutely no intention of becoming a muay thai fighter.

Last Saturday was the garage sale. Nice day for it, and although a lot of people said "Boy, not many people are participating," when I went around it felt like as many as have in years. Mel's parents had brought over some stuff, and I priced it, then adjusted my pricing at Mel's behest. We didn't sell our key items of a gaming chair and a hair dryer. But we sold 7 mugs at a buck apiece, and a Pez dispenser depicting Remy's brother from Ratatouille, for 50 cents.

Oh well. Like I said, it was a nice day.

The following Wednesday was Canada Day, which was spent at Mel's parents' house having an indoors barbeque. too damn hot to go outside, especially for the kids and Laura and Nonna and all. Noah was cranky, Sophia was cool. They mostly spent time going around in circles. Mel helped them set up their Yoto speaker thing. We had left Hank at Dad & Deb's and spent an hour or so catching up with them, which was nice. Overall it was a good day despite the heat, and we went out for a walk after we got home when it was almost kinda cool. We saw some of the foxes that are overrunning the neighborhood.

Mel had the next two days off, which were fine, you know. We did nice breakfasts and she slept in and whatnot. We did a workout on Thursday, then Friday we went to see Joe's cousin play with his Red Hot Chili Peppers cover band, a good time was had. By then it wasn't too too hot to spend all night outdoors. good to see Joe and Vic (that being his friend Vic, not his ex of course.)

Saturday, I had a bunch of running around to do and other than that we took it easy. Today, Mel's catching up on work (of course) and I'm, well, doing this.

It's an all right life, you know. When you have time for yourself and others. Things that feel good. I do wish I could focus a bit more when I do have time for myself and accomplish things that I want out of life. But things do feel pretty good. I'll leave you there.

Keep on rockin'

-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home