2/24/2005

Vol 11: A man without fear

Whataa daye.

At lunch I felt the need for exercise. It was snowing something fierce all morning but even so I wanted out. So I inserted myself in with Doug and Ryan in emma's car (Emma was there too but I felt it redundant to say so,) to Mcdonalds; or was I invited? I was about to force my way in but Doug said "You wanna come?" so it was like 50/50. So we got out there, and Emma's car was absolutely covered in fresh snow. So fresh and so powdery you could literally blow it away even though it was a good 4 or 5 inches thick on the sides. For the price of getting to ride shotgun I volunteered to brush it all off. But things started to get interesting when, at the corner of McCraney and Trafalgar, the brakes failed a bit and the car skidded very nearly into the intersection. It was wild. Further down, at the corner of Iroquois Ridge and Trafalgar, the car skidded out again at the turn, it was such a gas. For the next hour or so we all made jokes and cracks about how we nearly died twice, and thanked Emma for her great driving skills, and cheered at our good fortune. To come out of such an ordeal completely unscathed is something for which to be grateful and to celebrate. It was a blast, man.

I've been buzzing with ideas since Writer's Craft. Sometimes instead of reading and paying attention to my book, (American Gods by Neil Gaiman, which is excellent,) I'll be thinking about what I'm gonna be doing with Metaworld and believe me, I'm only 4 chapters in so far and I've got some wild stuff in mind.

I watched Ana Yavari's Quixotic Behaviour today. I don't know where to post my thoughts, though: I don't want to do it here, but on Interneta. all the same, I want to do more than a 1-Sentence Review of it, so I'll come up with something special.

I'm busssssy. Not overworked, not stressed, just happily occupied, with my mind being able to tackle many things at the moment. It's wondrous.

I might check in later; Keep on Rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home