#3: Troubled Genius
Yes, kids, I'm back, fresh from New York City. Okay, not exactly true: I arrived back at 7:30 this morning, after a 10-hour bus ride during wich I slept less than 2 hours. And that's a generous estimate. This all means I've A) Gone to bed way past midnight for the past week, B) Woke up before 7 every day since Wednesday, and C) Had a hard time differentiating between yesterday (Saturday) and today (Sunday.)
I'm not going to give you all the details about New York in this post - there's no time and I wouldn't know where to begin. I'll just sort of let them out through the next week's worth of posts, whenever the mood strikes me. The gist of it is, however: Spamalot rocks, Chicago is lame, I spent a lot of time hangin' with random grade 10's and, before leaving, saw 3 guys getting arrested. That ought to hold you off until tomorrow.
Of course, if you're reading this, there is an excellent chance you were there anyway, so as always, I'm really just writing to hear myself type, so to speak.
It was so weird getting back, too: I took a walk down Kerr St. today, and wondered to myself "where is everybody? Why is nobody shoving me into traffic?"
Anywho, it was an incredibly awesome trip, more later probably.
For now, I've got about a week's worth of extra sleep to catch up on... and when that's over, homework and my own life to focus on. Goodnight and keep on rockin'
-Scotto

2 Comments:
chicago is not lame at all.
Okay, let me clarify for the benifit who weren't there.
I actually didn't hate the film Chicago. Some of the songs - particularly Cellophane - are pretty neat, and even if musical theatre is not my thing, I can appreciate it as a film.
BUT, as far as this production of Chicago is concerned, with the understudy cast, the band onstage and ensemble players just stationed at the side of the stage instead of offstage... was really not great. The performances were weak, the choreography was not terrific, and the singing was only okay.
Pretty much all 51 people on the tour agreed. The most redeeming part of it was the redhead playing Mona.
Keep on rockin' and please don't be anonymous - there is a way to write in your name, after all.
Post a Comment
<< Home