2.9: Fuck n' Run (Or What You Will)
(Moan.)
Okay, so I lost my temper a bit today. It's so strange to see that after all these years I'm still something of a loose cannon, with a short fuse, so to speak. It's been a long time since I felt any real desire to just freak out on anybody, let alone someone I consider to be a nice guy, but I did anyway. I can't explain my actions, other than it's been a weird, hectic few days, and that I don't care for people messing with my Dr Pepper. And that fun is fun, but when somebody tells you to stop shaking their Dr Pepper, you do it, or they can't be held accountable for their actions. So eventually I apologized for trying to choke him and he apologized, too, so I think we're cool. I feel legitimately bad for losing my cool, since that's a stigma that's followed me around for years and years and by goodness I don't take kindly to people behaving like jerks. So I'm not all that big or threatening, but I can't help myself in a physical confrontation. I'll leave it at this: I'm not to be trifled with.
Or something.
On to much happier news: I finished writing for Ana's play, so now all I have to do is show it to her and we're set. Do I feel a little odd about writing someone else's play? A bit, but she was having trouble and she seems happy with it, so I'm glad. I didn't want her to be constantly rescheduling until it was too late, and so now, there's that. Now, will it be possible to pull a play together in a month? With the whole cast (as far as I can reckon) spending nearly a week in NYC? I guess we'll see. I like to think I write dialogue that is easy enough to memorize. I tend to avoid overt repetition (which is something that plagues my performance in Breakfast Club,) and there's a lot of discussion of facts, which leads to natural dialogue that flows. Ryan told me last year that even though he was onstage for the better part of 45 minutes in "Half-Past," his dialogue was easy enough (or not too difficult - sue me if I can't remember his wording,) to memorize, so hopefully that'll be the case here. Plus, it's an ensemble piece so nobody's got too many huge monologues or even dialogues (though that may irk some people, it'll prove benificial to others.) So now all that's left is to see if the rest of the cast is into it.
I'm all abuzz about New York. I've got everything pretty much taken care of that I can at this point.
I'm contented though. I got my crime-type story back from Guthrie, and the reaction seemed positive, other than an overt use of the comma splice and other gramattical errors, he liked the story apparently, so my need for approval is gratified. Plus, with Ana gushing over the Murder script, my ego is basically in danger of filling the room if I'm not careful. I always try to be aloof and distant when it comes to my work. Modesty is key, y'know? But there's only so much "this is great" a guy can take before he starts to think "yeah, it is great, and I'm great." Oh well, my cross to bear.
In other news, Eric got his wicked-awesome camera accessory kit in the mail today, so he's playing around with that. It features a powerful light, two tripods (one full-sized, one miniature,) several filters (for UV or fluorescent lights, that kind of thing,) and a wide/telephoto lens set, along with some other paraphernalia (lens cleaner, batteries, tapes, etc.) It's pretty cool.
Life is actually seeming good, in any way that can be expected. There's always, of course, that one thing at the bottom of it all that isn't right, but I just don't feel prepared to address that. I'm ill-equipt, so to speak.
Girls, man. What are ya gonna do?
Keep on rockin is all,
-Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home