3A: We are a generation of randomness
Just a quick one tonight since by the time this entry is done I'm gonna head off to bed.
Life's funny sometimes. For instance, when Scott Williams is an idiot and puts off learning how to select his elective - learning, not just doing it, but I was actually sitting around going "fuck I don't know how to do this" all this time and meanwhile AccessSheridan has an instruction manual on it and when I discover it, I also discover that a) I'm an idiot and b) film analysis is gone, which leaves me to... Classical Mythology. Which is cool since that class appears to be on Thursday, not Monday, so my week doesn't start until 3:00. Which I'm psyched about.
But the life is funny in a completely different way, when you run into someone completely unexpectedly. Taylor Stevenson. That name means nothing to any of you who didn't go to River Oaks (and I'm thinking that's about 2 of you,) but Taylor was a guy I knew for years, particularly in Grade 6 when we all made fun of him a whole lot, and for my part it was mostly good-natured ribbing but a lot of the kids were dicks to him. I thought he was an all right guy, but an easy target. Like a less thick-skinned Chris Brown, if you will (except I will openly admit to having Mr. B as my friend, and the two aren't really all that similar.)
Anyway, I'm at work today, not really doing anything, trying to avoid Fred Harte maybe since he'd also been there that day, when I see this tall, broad-shouldered guy standing at the snack bar with this girl. And just as I'm thinking "look at this douche" (as I often do when I see a guy with a girl,) he stands up and I see his face, at that moment I think "is that..." and just as i'm thinking that, he points to me and says "is your name Scott?" which prompts me to just say "Taylor." We shake hands and quickly do the ole catch-up, "how you been / what you been up to / this is my girlfriend" game (obviously that last part applied only to him.) Then he went and bowled and I went about my business. And I just thought "gee, he got tall."
I dunno man, for a while I was just like "did I get along with him or not?" and I thought about this cub camp where he showed up and we hung out for a while since there was nobody else there. That was about the only time I acted like friends with him, and I distinctly remember being there to laugh along with the rest of the class when he cried his way to the office over some stupid little teasing. Well, it looks like he did all right. Trust me, if you saw his girlfriend, he did better than all right.
I guess that's all I've got today, since it was nothing special. More focussed thoughts tomorrow maybe. Sleep now.
Or soon at least. Keep on rockin'
Scotto

2 Comments:
Bahaha.. just tall? he got so HOT too!
I really didn't want to describe him that way, but I suppose he did get rather man-pretty.
Post a Comment
<< Home