7/16/2006

XI: He dreamt a clumsy kiss

I was playing a game from my childhood, Little League Baseball for the NES, on an emulator. I started out doing really well, getting a 5-0 lead in the first inning, and then by the end I let in 7 runs when I really started to suck at fielding. My bad.

In the game, when you hit the home run, it goes to a little animation of a cheering crowd, including two amply-bosomed cheerleaders. As a kid, I could never hit a home run, but my brothers could, as could my brother Brandon's friend Andy who, in celebration, would run up to the TV and pretend to fondle the the poor lasses. Being less than kindergarten-aged, I didn't understand. I was at that age when the idea of the breast, though enticing, was still foreign and weird.

It's been a weird day. Eric was out with friends for most of the day, and got home around 8, but we had to order dinner. We tried calling him, but his phone (as we later found out,) was out of time. We decided to err on the side of hunger and ordered food without him, figuring he'd probably eat whilst there. Naturally, he didn't (because, you know, things never go the way I plan them,) and when he got home and found that there was no food, got in a bit of a huff.

As any longtime reader might recall, I've often said the greatest tragedy of modern life is when someone's dinner is ruined. I don't like having my dinner ruined, I don't like seeing anyone else's, and I don't like being partially responsible. Naturally, I apologized and did my best to make it up to him by calling the Wingery (a new wing place down the road by Hasty Market,) and ordering him some wings. What the heck, mom agreed to pay us back (since it is on Sundays that she typically hosrs a family dinner, but opted to stay wherever-the-heck-she-is.)

Ordering from the Wingery was a strange ordeal. They asked for my first name (which I gave as Eric for convenience,) and then couldn't find the place (the delivery guy got lost in the complex across the road.)

I think you really oughtta reconsider your occupation when you're a delivery boy who can't find the location. The guy was clueless and had to call.

That's all from tonight, I suppose. Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home