11/07/2006

x3: Sweat of the eyes

So I went and disappeared again. Sort of into my own head. I've been working on stuff and whatever.

Life's been kinda chaotic. On Saturday I went to my meeting for HMV to learn the ropes over there. It's pretty straightforward, there's just a lot of stuff to keep track of in terms of working the register and stuff. I'll probably pick it up on the job. Of course that'll be a while since I'm not even booked to work this week. Wooo.

So I had that. There are maybe 12 seasonal employees, which makes sense - you want as many people sharing the burden as you can muster, and it's going to get busy in December. They say there's a chance they'll take any of the ones they like for a regular position, but there are so many people that I'm not putting much stock in that. So after this is over with I'll probably just not work for a while and focus on whatever position I stick myself into at school. Oughe.

Like I said, I'm in my head, stuck in a world I created. I actually overcame a little bit of writer's block recently and while I'm not producing anything I could be beaming with pride about, at least I'm productive.

I just don't want my newswriting to influence my creative writing too much. That'd suck.

Or would it be a good angle, maybe? Who knows?

I can't believe it, but I'm still a little sick. I'm dry-coughing and hacking up shit alternately throughout the day. And I had to hack and wheeze my way quickly through a Law presentation.

Jerry Seinfeld's on the Daily Show right now. He's got a cold like me. What a world.

Keep on rockin'
-Scotto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home