10/29/2006

2.9: Easy pinball machine repair

So I disappeared for a couple of days. Why shouldn't I? I think it's my right - if I haven't got anything to say, why should I bore you with the same old? Get off my back!

Okay, so there's nobody on my back. But the fact is, life has settled down, for better or worse. That didn't used to stop me from pouring myself into this blog, but it seems to have recently. I've just got so much nothing on my plate it's near unfathomable.

Like school, for instance. A bunch of nothing. Routine. I should be getting worked up over the number of assignments in my near future, but my mind seems to have shut them out and is doing a terrible job of letting them back in.

And my supposed writing. Because I'm bogged down with routine and same-oldness, I haven't the motivation nor time to really write. Now theoretically, this would spur me into taking the NaNoWriMo challenge again, but I can't do that this year because (I've already said,) I'm in the midst of a project that takes precedence, and I'm starting work in November.

Amidst all the stressful nothing, I went out tonight. I was eager to get out of the house, because, crap, dude. It was Pat's birthday, and while it wasn't exactly my scene, it was something I at least had to attempt to attend because I missed the last birthday and I wanted to be around. And it was a pretty good night, although Chrisbrown and I were the only two in our age bracket (not unexpectedly,) we made due as after all, we have that connection with the current WOSS Grade 12's. So that didn't factor in. All the same though I wasn't as much "good Scott" as I ought to have been. Maybe it's the weather. Wasn't bad, though.

The night consisted mostly of idle drinking, watching (sober) Chrisbrown slowly become addicted to We (heart) Katamari, three games of Air Hockey (final record: 2-1) and a very gradual phasing out of consciousness. Not a landmark night by any means, but one more noteworthy by my not having just sit around and watched TV all night.

It's officially the end of daylight saving time, which means it ought to be 2:00 but it's not. I want the clock to say 3:30 before I go to bed. Um... yeah. Maybe that's not going to happen, but I've got some stuff I'd like to do, including watch the previous episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on NBC.com. It's unusual that I get involved with an hour-long drama, but that's happened.

I got a little mixed up with regard to my brother's birthday gift. See, idiot that I am (who let's not forget, is really busy with same-old nothing,) I put off buying his birthday gift until today. The problem is, Eric hs this really esoteric taste and nothing he wants is really readily available, let along for the tacitly-agreed-upon pricetag we guide our birthday gifts by. So I raced around town to no avail, and had a bathroom adventure in the midst. I know that when I consider recappying some kid of "bathroom adventure," then this blog is really reaching for material, so I'll not expand upon that theme. The story only ends one of two ways anyway: you make it, or you don't. I did, but not without a price. Tantalized? You oughtn't be. That'd be gross ad I'm not going to elaborate.

So even though I've got time, I'm lacking the energy right now to really get into some serious writing (the tiredness and lingering inebriation may not be helping either,) so I'm just going to do a little TCB and then head to bed.

As is the usual halloween tradition, Teletoon is airing the Real Ghostbusters and Beatlejuice. Two really good movies from the 80's that combined humour and horror and were adapted into animated series of varying quality. I was more familiar with the Beetlejuice cartoon than movie for a long while. Ghostbusters was about 50/50, with a couple percent allotted to Happy Meal toys. So 49/49/2 maybe.

I'll try to do my best, and all you gotta do is keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home