2.3: Forget what you wanted to know
So I'm sitting in the newsroom and I'm bored. It dawns on me that I'm in school. Not just that I'm inside a school, but I'm actually still a student, not just some guy who shows up and hangs around for a few hours a day. I know, it seems obvious, right? My mind has been in such disarray lately, I can't even tell you what's going on.
How did it get to be Thursday?
I just got out of Petry Analysis. And by just, I mean, like an hour ago, but that's where I was this morning. Thursdays are weird, because all I have going on is my elective, which starts at 9. Most days start at 8, but this one starts at 9. So I had forgotten to change my alarm and it went off at 7:15. So then i turned it off and slept for another hour. That's maybe not the most perfect strategy, but it ended up working, since I at least got to school on time. So in Poetry Analysis, Joe, Justine and I did this reading. The poem in question was "Chapter I" by Christian Bök. It went over well, I think, beause while the poem isn't the most evocative in its language (it's basically a straight narrative using only words with I as the only vowel,) we had Joe play guitar under the reading to add.... effect.
Then there was a test and we got out early.
Yesterday, I played with the idea of increasing my online presence. We were talking about how people can get "famous" (albeit not a good kind of famous) just by being on YouTube. Given that all the necessary materials are vailable on my computer, I considered becoming a YouTube personality. I'm not going to lie, I actually went pretty deep into it, creating three episodes of "Interneta YouTube," a brief monologue where I rant, from an "undisclosed location" somewhere on the Sheridan campus about whatever the hell is on my mind at the time.
So I know what you're thinking... it's like the blog, but with pictures and sound. And if you weren't thinking it, I sure was. After having the videos up for some of yesterday, I decided, oh, this is lame, and took 'em down. Now that I know I can, and it would be so easy to, I know that I don't want to. Besides, who has the time? And why would I want to take attention away from the most popular site on the internet - this one right here?
I was given a story to do for next week's paper, but it turns out it is also being done by the news section. So I have to talk to somebody from that section and make sure we have different angles (shouldn't be too hard to see the distinction between the News and Srudent Life approach to something.) Still though, part of me hears that and loses all enthusiasm for the story at once. But I'll soldier on.
I've decided I hate typing on this thing -- I need slantiness of keyboard. My arms hurt.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home