1.3: Dark pines under water
"Why does there have to be a real world?" I mused to my dad, lamenting the responsibilities I'll be facing in the future.
"Because if there weren't," he told me, "there'd be no fantasy world to run away for. To. Whatever."
The thanksgiving dilemma is the fact that everybody, for good reason, is coming back to Oakville for this long weekend. The big problem was... it's one of two guaranteed weekends of the year, every year, that I will not be in town. On thanksgiving, (and easter,) my dad takes us up to North Bay to visit with his side of the family. I don't mind this, although North Bay isn't exactly my kind of town, I get over that because, hey, it's family, I rarely see them, and my aunt Pat is a helluva cook. Thankfully, as of tomorrow night, things should be at least a little reconciled. We'll see though.
I haven't even got much of a taste for writing an entry tonight.
As I was preparing to leave school today, Perrin turned to me and asked, "Hey, remember Mr. Zehr?"
Now, this caught me off guard. I hadn't spoken to Perrin much before this year. I didn't meet him because he was in another section, but when we started doing the Sun, Joe and I went to layout, and he became a photo editor. So suddenly he becomes like a buddy at school, but I still hadn't said much to him beyond a few jokes while we were all hanging out, the three of us and whomever else. So naturally, this Mr. Zehr remark came out of nowhere. As it turned out, not only did he go to WOSS, but actually knew me because we both were in the caf together. I was embarrassed, because I could not remember him at all. I tried to come up with reasons for that, but he swatted them away with damn reasoning. He caught me up on some of the latest on the teachers - Zehr's got a kid on the way, Crossman is still there, and Dinzee was apparently fired for putting weed in the food.
Halfway home, I realized where he was all that time. To the best of my recollection, he was in the caf the period after I was and we actually said a few words to each other in passing on many occasions. But it's one of those passing acquaintences you don't really know or recall. Apparently he remembered me because I actually looked like Mr. Zehr - which is sorta true, when my hair is short.
As I said yesterday, my mind is all over the place. So much to think about, so little to focus on.
More... tomorrow? I don't know for sure. But someday soon. I seem to be getting less frequent.
So keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home