F5: The scorpion and the toad
So I'm not feeling great. Better than yesterday, and getting better, but still headachy, still stuffy, still groggy.
We all deal with sickness in our own ways. Rather than regress to a state of helpless infancy, I like to power through and go about my business. It's important for my morale, I guess, that I don't idle to much when ill. So I went into school and designed my pages for the paper. I kept taking the Cold-FX and am feeling its positive effects. I had an herbal tea. I passed out on the couch for like twenty minutes in the middle of the day. So now I'm not hoping I'll be able to wake up tomorrow and be... okay.
The good thing about tomorrow is that Brian, the teacher of "Newsroom without walls," had to field some kind of meeting, and so flat-out cancelled our class. That gives me Wednesday off this week, which is quite opportune. I can go out, get comics, relax, provided I'm feeling up to it. Even marginally so.
I snagged my "bad toenail" a little earlier, and it's killing me. I can't wait to put this year-long infirmity behind me. It might even get to two years.
So much to the chagrin of local Oakville scenesters (I'm sure,) the Pettit Project appears to be selling their house. Maybe it means the band is breaking up, but probably not. All I know is that the house at the end of Pettit Court occasionally had a blue bus parked in front of it, and every now and again drums could be heard from the road. One day, someone pointed it out to me and said "The band The Pettit Project" lives there. All I know is that they were on an episode of "Radio Free Roscoe." Anyway, there's a 'For Sale' sign out in front of the house, and I'm amazed this paragraph has gone on as long as it has.
A friend of mine, not long ago, approached me with some problems. Now, romantically speaking, I'm the last one you might consider going to for reassurance. I'm pretty jaded on that subject, and I haven't got much encouragement to offer. I felt bad, though, because I had empathy for this friend. This person - whom I won't embarrass by mentioning by name - lamented the fact that she-or-he hadn't had much opportunity to interact with the desired sex, and that companionship was being craved. Perhaps not from a particular individual, but I know how it feels to look around and see people happier than you, and feel it will never happen. As I said, I've always been short on reassurance. If I had anything to say to this, though, it would be that there is always room in this world to find the proper companionship. It may seem dire... and I've had my fair share of dire situations (and am presently hardly in a place to be optimistic,)... but if you are kind and confident and persistent, she-or-he will appear. It ain't easy... fuck it is really not easy... but it's about patience and persistence.
Yeah, I know, when did I become Dear friggin' Abby, right? Well I was just a little struck when this person broached this topic, I wanted to offer... something, some kind of words, for better or worse. I don't even know if that person is reading, but the words are out there.
I was talking to my aunt about some of my writings I'd shown her, when I saw her on the weekend. She seemed very enthusiastic about them, although I showed them to her a few weeks ago and this enthusiasm has probably since died down. Naturally, because she didn't have a copy of them or anything, it wasn't like we could sit down and go over them, but she seemed to want to.
All I really want to do, as might be apparent from this site... is write, and have people enjoy it. I've spent a lot of time -- oh, if you only knew how much of my life so far -- honing my abilities and my craft and my style, trying to find out what people connect to, what attracts people, what interests people, of my generation and others. I'm speaking, at this point, about "Collection of Curiosities," which is my most important project for now. The various fragments I have shown people have been met with unmitigated positivity, mostly from people in my age range, but now from my aunt who is, I'll put subtly, a child of the 60's and 70's. I've hopefully gotten to the point where I can make that connection with such a wide age range and make it stick, and that this isn't just some freak thing because these are my friends and family.
I want to cut through the red tape and the regulation and the process, and get that deal. There's a lot of professional bobbing and weaving that could get involved in embarking upon this career. I'm about to blaze myself a trail.
So I'm going to update Interneta in a bit, and then I'm going to sit back and enjoy my evening. I got a few troubles, my health, my computer, but in time things will see to themselves.
Keep on rockin, you all out there,
-Your Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home