F4: Crack a window, willya?
So, I'm sick. I made passing reference the other night to Eric being sick, and now it's quite clear that I've caught it just as he as getting better. I woke up this morning... ecch.
So I peeled out of bed and went down to get myself some Cold-FX. It seems excessive, but hey, it builds the immune system up. Maybe I'll be able to stay healthy thoughout the rest of the autumn and well into the winter. For the record, I feel like getting sick first thing in fall is bullshit and I hate that it happened to me.
Trooper that I am, I went in to school anyhow, loaded with whatever is the ingredient in Cold-FX. (It's North American Ginseng, for those keeping score.)
In Law class, we did a Mock Trial (without J. Reinhold,) and I played the prosecutor. It was tough goings, too, because all I had to go by was a bloody shoe and a missing cell phone to try to get a conviction on some random beating. So it didn't fly. I always figured I'd make a crappy lawyer, because finding the truth is so much more important to me than winning. So I lost.
So I more-or-less officially quit Tim's today. I told Maureen I'd call her on Monday to confirm what I'd said on Thursday. I did. I might have to call the main Sheridan catering office to get the point across.
"How I Met Your Mother" is one of the finest sitcoms on television these days. It's the one good multicamera show, because it keeps scripts tight and clever, and maintains emotional resonance when appropriate. The show that leads into it is called "The Class." It's a complicated concept show about a bunch of grown people reuniting from their third grade class (the premise, weak as it is, is explained in the first episode,) and features multiple intertwining storythreads that meander back and forth between themselves, melodrama galore, and painfully obvious comedy. The concept could theoretically have worked, but it is executed so weakly that it makes me sad.
Eric has something interesting on the horizon. It came up rather suddenly... maybe not as quickly as my first job, but still unexpectedly quick. It's not solid yet, and won't be for a few weeks if even then, but it's big. So until then, he'll be pacing frantically, wringing hands, fearing the future. I remember when I feared the future. Actually, it was only earlier today when, on an online survey, I put future down as something I fear (along with the future and eating in public.) But yeah, he's as nervous about the possibility of having a future as I ever was, if not moreso. He sits, amused at how this time last year, he was virtually nowhere, and now he's going places, potentially. The world's a wondrous place sometimes.
At some point, I also have to go to the OSAP HQ at Sheridan and be like, "Yo, I've got a job now, update my file fo shizzle." Maybe I might not phrase it that way, but everyone who knows me knows I really do talk like that. I guess that's why I keep getting black eyes when I go downtown.
Anyway, that about covers the gamut of whatever I had to talk about today. Not such an exciting day. Things will pick up later.
Until then, keep on rockin'
Scotto

1 Comments:
... Can you sense that? *insert eerie noise* I think tomorrow (or today, however you look at it ;p ) is going to be a good day for one Scott Williams... Creepy eh? I know.
roybn sends good wishes. Bye for now :) .
Post a Comment
<< Home