1.5: A world of chaos and ruin
It's been a pretty wild few days. Okay, not really, but I'm really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.
I've spent the last two nights on an inflatable mattress. It was surprisingly comfy the first night, but the second I don't think I put enough air in it. The irony of the thing is that although the box it came in depicted fantasy-inducing images of evergreens and moonlit wilderness. However, it says right in the manual that it is explicitly not for outdoor use. Ha-ha! "Imagine yourself communing with nature, asleep in this comfy mattress... but don't actually do it. Are you friggin' insane?!"
Yesterday was a kind of a big day. The whole thanksgiving deal. We opted to go for a walk in the wilderness. We got kind of lost (technically speaking, I was leading, but not really,) and thus wandered around the hills and creeks behind Canadore College for probably an hour or so before ultimately coming full circle.
The upside was that the weather was gorgeous, so aside from getting a little sweaty, there was nothing to unbearable. I can recall at least one year when the weather was so miserable. They all sort of blend together though. Given that we customarily come on Thanksgiving (Canadian version) and Easter, it's not expected that the weather should be good. But on this day, and after hours of hiking (without much warm-up or preparation, let alone water,) the heat was on. We also saw...... a big empty lot where they're apparently building a new hospital. Except right now it's just a big flat gravel mound.
Then was thanksgiving dinner, and the modern day slideshow, digital photos from Grandad's trip to Australia to visit his long-lost* brother Tom.
*Okay, so he's not long lost, or even estranged. They've been in contact, but not really seen each other in about 40-odd years.
Anyway, not a lot more. Long ride home. Came back, saw the rest of the family. Got to catch up with the aunts and the kids.
So it's back to reality tomorrow. The responsibilities of putting a newspaper together, and hanging with Joe, Haasim and Mansoor. I've still got some other important stuff to take care of, too. And on top of that, I'm expecting a call any day now...
is it the most fascinating stuff in the world? Not by half. Am I keeping busy? You bet.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotts

1 Comments:
I hope the call comes soon. I'll be thinkin' of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home