Chapter 14: A picture of your brain
So, what day is it?
Life has gotten a little murky out here in the black hole. Things aren't bad - in retrospect I overreacted to the whole Xena situation and she was gone midday Sunday. And I was sad about spending Saturday on the couch, but hey, Zach Braff was hosting Saturday Night Live's season finale, and it was really funny.
I've been thinking a lot about the Beatles lately. There's a movie scheduled to come out this summer, a movie-musical (as opposed to an adaptation a la Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, etc,) called "Across the Universe" that follows a number of characters all named after Beatles songs (Lucy, Jude... Mr. Mustard?) as radicals in the 60's. It looks bad, but ths music should be good and it can't possibly be as bad as the similarly-themed diaster Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band movie starring the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton, none of whom could act and thus all the narration was handled by George Burns. This led to the entire movie making no sense and it being, in effect, a couple hours of poorly-done similarly-themed music videos featuring the Bee Gees and Frampton as well as guest acts like Steve Martin, Alice Cooper, Earth Wind and Fire and most notably Aerosmith, as their contribution of Come Tohether is unanimously regarded the most listenable. EW&F's Got to Get You Into My Life is also quite good.
Anyway, what I'm really thinking about is a rant, which may be written and appear someday on Interneta, about the quest for the perfect album throughout the years, and how oftentimes the quest for it will destroy those who would create it.
Anyway, the chief reason I've not posted in a few days is that quite frankly nothing is happening. I'm trying, Godalmighty I think I am, but nothing will do. But I owe my readers - both of you - the courtesy of a check-in, because without my regular dose of unreality, nobody else knows how real their lives are. Me, I exist less and less by the day, it feels like.
But anyway. I submitted my story to the Danforth Review the other day. This will be the second time I have done so, and hopefully they like what I have written. Knock on wood, fingers crossed et cetera. Personally I think the story I submitted is among my best, but I am likely to say that about just about anything I do because when it comes to writing (real writing, not this thing,) I'm a cocky sonofabitch. I'll share the story later when it is rejected/accepted.
Anyway, it's time for me to fade back into the vortex. Keep me in mind and keep on rockin'
-Scott

1 Comments:
My fingers are crossed for you :) .
Post a Comment
<< Home