B: A thing against itself
I don't think this will be a particularly long entry, but I had the urge to write one. Yesterday wasn't much of a day - after all, it was the average on the train and home again trip, spiced up by the presence of leftover fajita material and weather that was getting peculiarly warm.
Indeed it was the warmth that inspired me to take a little walk down Sixth line. It might've been a nice day to get comics but there hasn't been a delivery of new comics since the last time I bought some. But I went under the QEW anyway in search of adventure.
I didn't find any but like I said it was warm, until it wasn't, and I'd been out long enough that the chill of the wind tempered the warmth of the sun. I went out wearing my hoodie (the now-legendary red thumb) and my spring jacket, which I always have to point out I look damn good in. Eric insisted I didn't need the hoodie, and I didn't at first but by the end I was wondering why I hadn't brought my hat. I don't have nearly as much hair as I did a week ago, and my head temperature has decreased. Lack of insulation.
But it was at least the first taste of the coming spring. I love spring. I feel good during it. The melting snow evaborating in the air, the warm breezes, the wet grass... not dry and depressing like summer nor gray and dull like autumn. The less said about winter the better.
After the turn of weather yesterday people had their hopes up for today but I didn't, I learned long ago from Aesop's Fables that one swallow does not make spring. It took me a while to really figure out what that meant and maybe it's not meant to be taken literally but even so.
I'm about to take action on something, at least I'm contemplating it. I am usually far too comfortable and this has dug me a nice cozy little rut to sit in, time to climb out. I write that once in a while on this blog. Sometimes I mean it, sometimes I have an idea how. Hopefully this will be one of those times I go through with it rather than allow myself to be an idiot. A chump.
Now that I've written that out, I've got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to get off track with this. But I know it's the right damn thing to do, and if I was ever in the right headspace to get it done, now is probably that time.
I've also got a buttload of bureaucracy to knife through. It's nauseating.
I told you this wouldn't be a very long one.
Keep on rockin
-The Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home