12.11: Shampoo and berries
So it's Sunday night. Real late, although Caffeine Man over here hasn't been chugging it down. It's after 1 AM and I'm only on the drowsy side, reliving the Coke I cracked open at 10 and the fruit juice I've drank since. I've just been chilling out today, wondering if I'm ever going to do the shit I need to.
I had this dream last night. It was one of those fascinating dreams with a few varied, unrelated scenes. Also, one where you could take nearly every icon and image and tie it into something you'd recently done or seen. Broken down into sections:
I took a train to the city to visit Alyssa, whom I haven't actually seen since the middle of semester 1. I arrived at her place and she was surprised to see me as I was an unexpected visitor. Nonetheless, she was cordial and offered me a big slice of meat for dinner, which is interesting since she's been a vegetarian since I've known her. The idea of her not knowing if I was coming recalls an incident where I planned to visit her at her apartment during our first year of postsecondary, and since I didn't confirm with her that I was coming immediately beforehand, she was surprised to see me when I arrived. Also, the buzzer of her building wasn't working at the time, so someone let me in, adding to the surprise.
My brother and I began playing a table-hockey game, the kind with maneuverable players (like foosball with pucks.) We had a game like this as kids but I hadn't thought about it in years. Also in the dream, the game was a little broken.
So lastly in the dream I began the new school year. Except I( was back at ROPS. And I don't mean, in the dream, I was young, I mean I was 21 years old and suddenly I'd decided it was time to transfer back to grade 8. And who was there with me? Robyn, of course, who was pulling the same shtick and very nervous about returning to grade 8 (??) Well, we stuck by each other and prepared to be 13 year olds, or pretend anyway. Then I went to my locker and got some linens, which needed washing. So, we walked to the dry cleaners, and on the way, some kid was playing the harmonica part of Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How It Feels," which I then began singing.
That's more or less what I remember. The grade school thing seems to come directly from my recent work on Regular Guy, whose current chapter follows a similar plot. The dry cleaner thing is probably a mental adaptation of the laundromat scenes from Dr. Horrible, which Amanda enabled me to watch on her computer. It was indeed quite awesome.
It's been a largely inactive few weeks, which accounts for the infrequent posting. I'm really squandering this summer, but I knew July was going to basically be a write-off all along. At least I don't have to deal with Xena - she's in the care of a trained, comparatively well-paid professional. Also, I haven't grown a cyst and none of my childhood heroes have performed double-homicide, so this summer is still waaaay better than last.
I've mostly just been watching myself grow facial hair. I'm usually very on top of shaving, but if I'm ever going to get lazy and let it be, it's right now, while I have nobody to impress. I ran into a couple friends the other night whilst wandering a grocery store (without any agenda) and got some positive feedback. It's not a permanent thing, but it'll be here for now. Life is the same when you have facial hair, just scratchier.
At the time, I was in Whole Foods looking for Organic Jelly Beans (so I guess i did not have "no agenda," just not an important one.) I ran into Doug and Robyn, which explains her presence in the dream; Robyn related some recent drama she'd encountered with co-workers. I hope it gets settled out, I know how bad it can be to have people against you. Or maybe I'm just paranoid (for the record, I am.) And then Doug gave me some gelato and we discussed the possibilities of grabbing a drink sometime.
Changing the subject abruptly, the other night we were going to have pizza. For whatever reason (sense of excitement?) we decided it'd be a fun night to go retro and go find a Little Caesar's, so we could have crazy bread. We went down to the Maplegrove village but the Little Caesar's that was supposed to be there was absent. While we went on our way to the one at Third Line and Dundas - diagonally on the opposite side of town - mom recalled there was a Little Caesar's off Winston Churchill. So we went to that one, and within moments walked out with two regular pizzas (they keep all their pizzas hot and rady for ordering, explaining their sparse menu. Keen.) And that was how we spent a half hour driving around for pizza. It was a lot more interesting when it happened. Crazy bread was good too.
See how boring life's gotten? It was either pizza anecdote, or Amanda and I met up for coffee and we discussed out book and her wedding.
Life has slowed down. The gang will be back from Europe soon, which should be good. I spoke to Chris Ferg recently, and of course Risk is in order. His description of their trip also disappointed me as it was lacking any Eurotrip-style misadventures.
I need to take some action. The other exciting thing around here is that Eric and Brandon sat around all night playing Bubble Bobble. In aobut 3 hours they got to the boss, which is decent.
I used to be excited about doing entries. Now I just sigh and think "Time to tell people aobut my boring life."
And yet I still write 'em.
And yet you still read 'em.
Heh. Awesome. Keep on rockin
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home