8/20/2008

9:00 AM: Give it to me straight Doc, I can take it!

I think I could handle, and would enjoy, being a radio DJ. I could slip into a Dr. Johnny Fever-type character fairly easily and play whatever music I damn well pleased (it would be pretty awesome, rest assured.) If the readership of SWP is any indication, there's at least a market for more Scotto, although admittedly a sizeable portion of that market is in Korea.

In fact, it would basically be an audio version of this blog but with a kickass soundtrack. So if any radio programming directors stressing over their dying medium are looking for something to refresh their fortunes, drop me a line, ne?

At some point, and I think this was an important phase to enter in my life, I made a realization. Don't know when it happened, maybe during or after my second year of Sheridan, maybe over the past year or so, but it did. I stopped looking at school as something I had to do (like in high school) and more as a... lifestyle. A place I don't have to be but can be rewarding as a way to spend time. I'm not sure what this means, or if it means anything other than I think about it differently when I'm on the train each morning. It's a sign of maturity. Maybe.

Mom and Tim just stopped me in the hall to chat me up about a rear covering thing they found for Tim's truck (you know, that thing you put over the bed, whatever it's called.) They found it around the corner and dragged it - yep - to our house, and set it on the lawn because Tim's truck isn't actually here. They wanted to let me know there was nothing sketchy about it (okay) just that they're pretty expensive and this was free. It was one of those "...can I go now?" moments.

It was a nice day for gadding about on my bike.

Although Eric has some complaints - naturally similar to the complaints I usually had when I was working - he seems to be enjoying his job. Me, I seem to be enjoying still sleeping until 11. Life is good.

Getting pretty comfortable in the waning weeks of this maladroit summer. Not sure what I'm gonna do about my schedule - it's gotta be shuffled - but for now I'm content to stay up late writing like a maniac.

What a way to be.

Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home