6/21/2009

Chapter Eleven: She's in love with the bomb

It's been a busy few days, both in my life and my mind.

I have a lot to go over, but I'm mostly going to skim because I don't want to go too deep. You're not, sadly, going to get much peppy, upbeat Scotto tonight. I'm not particularly feeling upset, but I haven't got that zest for life that characterizes my cheerful posts. I'm kinda down, reflecting on life and not being too impressed with my assessment.

Eric came home for the weekend, and I have kept typing to a minimum out of courtesy, because I know he has a (sometimes irrational) hatred of my supposedly-loud typing. He had some business to take cae of, and also of course it was Father's day. We got dad some DVD's and cooked dinner for him; steaks. Seems a bit lavish, except when you consider the DVD's were cheapies we happened to know he'd like, and the steak was for us as much as him. Still, it was a good day.

We spent most of the weekend watching Lost, which is partly a peacekeeping measure. There's a lot we can do to keep away from each others' throats, but nothing gets us as much goodwill as Lost, which I have been accumulating on DVD for the last couple weeks, partly in preparation for just such an event as this.

There'd been a hole in the back of my running shoe for a while, worsening as time went on. For the first time in my life, I have two pairs of shoes, but one is a hiking shoe, and while it is very good in the rain, it's quite tough to bike in, and rather heavy. So I thought, I can manage, let's get something light and flat-soled. And you know what's light and flat-soled? Converse All-Stars. Yes, I'm finally one of the millions of my generation to own a pair of Chuck Taylors. I've wanted 'em ever since I saw a photo of the Ramones all wearing them, which is weird since I'm not a huge fan of theirs (not to say I don't like them, they're just not my favourites.) I thought it was a cool fashion statement, and always notice when I see people wearing them. I'm very pleased with this purchase; I like the fit, and they weren't that expensive neither.

I was somewhat surprised to find out, a few days ago, that my friend Mansoor got engaged. I'm so happy for the guy, and a little jealous as you might understand. It seems to have happened quite quickly, but the guy deserves every bit of happiness he gets because he's an awesome dude.

Unfortunately, as I have a habit of doing, sometimes other peoples' happiness highlights for me how dissatisfied I am with my life. Some stuff gone on lately has left a bad taste in my mouth and, as I alluded earlier in the post, I'm not feeling so great about life at the moment.

I've got some stuff going on, and that's good. The play appears to be going excellently and is now under two weeks away. Cary has requested I write another play for him to direct, because he thinks we have a good dynamic and I agree. We have a similar perspective on things, but he's able to see things I don't and help improve the product, where we're both aiming for the same ends. And it doesn't hurt that I already had an idea on what to write, and was fleshing it out before he told me this. It adds to my motivation because it's a lot harder to write something when you have no idea who might end up reading it. When you have a reason to write, it's a lot easier. Recall that I wrote a 120 page screenplay in under 2 weeks on this philosophy, way back at the beginning of the blog.

Well, I was pretty gloomy when I started writing this, and even though I've covered - or alluded to - the gloomy stuff, I'm feeling better. Not great. There's still plenty wrong with my life, but I'm moving past it for tonight. My Short Story class is almost done with -- I need to do a paper, and then there's a test of Tuesday, and then there's my half a credit. Funny how six weeks goes by.

I got my Poli Sci test back the other day. I can't say I'm disappointed with the mark, since I was expecting to just edge out of failure, and so I'm actually quite proud with a low B. I should try to do better next time, and I won't have any other classes distracting me.

I've got some stuff to work on, although my motivation is slacken.

I met with Joe and Amanda for coffee today, and at varying times Andrew S. tagged along, and we ran into Viki, who was also there to pick up a phone, independently from Joe. The main focus was of course to hammer out Wedding music details as well as catch up. It was a pretty good time. I had thought Joe's Starbucks show was yesterday, but when I texted him saying "Sorry I can't make it today dude," he responded by saying "It's next week." Haha. Man, I'm a scatterbrain these days.

Well, that's a polite way of looking at it.

Man. I don't remember when the first time I ever had Stella was, but it really tastes like the old days, by now.

This has been one of the more rambling and vague entries. Perhaps someday we'll know the details. Well, I already do, but I choose not to delve deeper, and I know that I will later. They'll become apparent by then.

For now, keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home