Chapter Fifteen: It almost had to be fake
There are times when I feel my life is irretrievably glum, and times when I feel there is nothing to do but complain, and times when I complain despite the fact that there are other things I could do. But there are also times when, the fact is, my life is pretty decent and I'm glad to be doing it. Also, I've never had my stomach pumped, nor has it ever gotten to the point where it has been suggested I might.
It's been a busy couple of days for Scotto. Now, this may simply be busy for me, the guy who has two days a week for school and the rest of the time as an extended weekend. I like to think, however, I can recognize when other people would also be exhausted at the end of an adventure. Like I said, it's been a busy couple of days.
Yesterday I hoofed it out to Hamilton to see rehearsal. Surprisingly, I found the place okay after getting off the bus. I must be learning. I had vowed, last week, that I would see at least one more rehearsal before the show, and this is what I have done. It's not as though I'm a vital part of the rehearsal process. But I have fun going there and watching the actors do their thing, and then watching Cary do his thing. And mostly I sat in the back with the nice random girl who brought gummy bears.
I can't say enough about how glad I am the way this is all coming together. I enjoy this cast so much, the show they're putting together is top notch.
Afterward, we went out for some drinks. We ended up staying there from 8:00 until closing at 1, during which span of time Cary got repeated updates from his mother about how poor young Christopher had overindulged at the Waterfront festival. Well, we've all had our rough nights. Although I can't see much of what I've done with my life as being on par with what I heard went on over here last night.
Meanwhile, I hung out with ary, parts of the cast, crew, and other randoms. A few of them don't seem all that impressed with me (I wouldn't be,) others are quite welcoming, which is nice. It's probably just a matter of striking up the right conversation, you know? Same as anything.
Eventually, it got late. Cary and some of the guys went out for burritos, and then we went back to Cary's place, watched a bit of Minority Report. There was this girl whose birthday it was, who had wanted Cary to come out. She swing by, a league of her male friends in tow, one of whom was drunkenly fascinated by everything in Cary's place.
Bt I'll say this much, entourage or no, there's not an even distribution of pretty girls who want to come over to everyone's place at 2 AM. It was a good thing Manda's out of town so I didn't have anything going on the next day.
I got up the next morning at about 10, got coffee, caught the bus back to Oakville although the sad fact of Hamilton transit is that it neer gets you (me) to the GO station in time. You're always just a smidge late, at least that's how it's been with me.
I was only home for like an hour. This afternoon, after a good long shower, I went back out to the GO to get to Toronto and see Joe and Viki do the Starbucks show. Now, if I were being practical about it, I could bitch "Blahh why waste a ticket to go out to see those two playing the same songs I've heard them do at the Lost Lounge for a year, buh!" but the truth is I'm glad to do it, even if I'm just about the only person who did come. As must be pretty clear by now, I'm always glad to get out of the house and see a friend, to do things, in whatever city, whatever the nature (unless that nature if killing for sport or eating in a fancy restaurant.) It's really just good form, and the way I look at it... if I were to ever have something I wanted my friends to come to (like say, a play in Hamilton) I would want them to do their best to come, so this is me living that philosophy. Basically, I'm a good friend. Although, was today, the midst of a garbage strike, the end of Pride week, the best day to go out to Church st. of all places and see a heterosexual couple sing their duets? There was some rainbow-coloured awkward passersby.
Back ot Oakville for dinner, then went out and saw the Hangover with CB, which was kind of spur-of-the-moment. Went out for drinks and mused over life. Oh Charlie. Keep the faith.
Hangover, by the way, was excellent. We invited Chris Ferg along, but felt perhaps it might hit too close to home.
So now I'm finally writing all this stuff, after glossing perhaps more than if it were two entries or so. I'm a bit tired, should go to bed.
I've been having weirdly vivid dreams lately. A few nights ago I had this dream where my brothers, cousin and I were Ghostbusters, and the ghost had taken my form, and I beat the shit out of it. ThenI went down to Robarts and met up with a girl I barely knew from Sheridan. Last night I had a dream involving people I knew in high school having to join me as I repeated grade 8 classes or something. Like I said... weird.
I usually take that as a sign to write. I've got some projects in the work, but not pen to paper... or finger to keyboard. Whatever.
Keep on rockin
-Scotto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home