pg21: Me and the character I play.
Scott, level out man.
Peter Sellers used to tell interviewers, colleagues and Muppets all the time that he didn't really have a personality behind his costumes and characters. That there used to be a "Peter Sellers" but he was surgically removed, leaving only a sort of blank slate for CLouseau, Strangelove, Chance the Gardener, etc. Sometimes that's how I feel.
Just so you know, after the events of last night, I'm in a very good mood. I wasn't particularly in a bad mood, but I was stressed. Now I'm relaxed.
Obviously last night was the much-anticipated road trip to Hamilton to see Cary in Henry V. I didn't see Henry I-IV, but I think I picked up the plot of this one pretty well. It was ambitious and I don't know if it achieved the effect it wanted or thought it would (to me, although I tend to take the perspective that theatre is for entertainment, not enlightenment.) Expect a review on Interneta shortly. I enjoyed it - it was well acted with some interesting fluorishes.
Afterward - and sadly, Kyle, Chris Ferguson and Lauren had to split - we all convened at Steph's room... what can I say? Any observer could tell that I was awkward for the first while. I felt like death. Utterly useless, to put it harshly. I had nothing to say. While I have gotten to know Steph well in the past few weeks, and I've known Bryan and Robyn for years (though let's be honest, while I like them a whole bunch they're not my bestest friends,) I was in the process of getting comfortable with Steph's roommate and Alex. And they were in the process of going through their regular "We're Mac students and this is what we do every night." Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just sorta... y'know... leaves me out. And it was just the way it worked out that I was an intruder into the group.
That's why I don't like to do larger groups than 4. Because then somebody has tohave a better connection or more in-jokes with everyone else than me. And I'm not one for the private jokes and games and nicknames and playful behaviour. It never works for me. Not usually, anyway. I just don't usually take the time to, y'know, build that kinda rapport with people.
At long last, Cary and Mr. Brown arrived. We all praised Cary's show, and then got more liquored up. A midnight run to Wendy's was made. I got a little more at ease with the dynamic as the night progressed.
Well, it wound down and, after a bout of sickness it was time to turn in at about 2. Or not. Though Barbara managed to conk out (after giving me a roughly 40-second drunkenish hug for paying her some kind but honest remarks about her figure... I'm a gentleman like that,) Steph vowed to keep me awake until 4:30 in order to break my previous record for staying up. She was successful, in part to Robyn finally returning after leaving with Bryan to talk and have insane experiences with Ice Cream... I'll leave them to explain because I was only semi-conscious. And thanks again to Steph for letting me not only crash in her room, but in her bed. Floors aren't kind to me ever since the back went wonky a few years back... probably due to years of, yep, sleeping on floors. I know I already said thanks like 6 times in person but really, thanks.
Woke up early this morning, around 8, and left Hamilton with Robyn, Chris Brown, and a cup of coffee that Mr. B had graciously treated me to to help me regain consciousness. I'm definitely looking forward to getting another chance to stay over in Hamilton, even if it is Hamilton. Maybe next time I'll be a little easier on the whole scenario. Thanks ever so much to Robyn for the ride. For goodness sake woman you're too cool. Hope things went all right when you got home.
So what's next? Well, I had to abnegate further partying for the sake of a long night of writing. November 30th is just around the corner.
Watched Sleeper (review to come,) today and made some chicken - this time, successfully, since it was pre-seasoned breasts, not drums... heh, breasts. Bosoms. Boobies. (Ahem) I'm sorry, I needed to take care of that.
Good night, good luck, keep on rockin'
-Williams of Scott

2 Comments:
Scott, darling, you needen't continue thanking me. It was a pleasure to have you over, and I insist you come up again, hopefully soon. And next time I'll try to not have such a large group or just plenty of Oakies.
I must say, you're awesome. Can't wait to see you again for Oaklahoma. Talk to you well now I suppose.
Steph
Cary lies, they definately don't have better blankets. And their floor smells like popcorn. And if you sleep there you get random rags which have been used for questionable purposes at you. But he is right about one thing, the Hammer does rub off on you.
Steph
Post a Comment
<< Home