12/18/2005

#16: In your head baby you don't know where it is

Go check out David Cross' open letter to Larry the Cable Guy, linked above from BobandDavid.com, the official site of Mr. Show's Bob Odenkirk and David Cross.

Why is nothing healthy to eat anymore? Eggs are loaded with cholesterol. Bread is full of carbs. Fried foods have the trans fats, salt causes high blood pressure, sugar rots your teeth and causes diabetes... everything we are eating, which is supposed to sustain us and keep us healthy, is really killing us. How is it that we survived for millions of years on the same meats and fishes and eggs and milks and cheeses and yet now all of a sudden we're afraid to obey the same dietary patterns as we have for centuries upon centuries. Of course in the past hundred years or so the nature of food has undergone a sort of renaissance, which has somehow led to it all being so much worse.

There's really no way out. Food for thought - hah. That pun was completely intention, and really quite horrible. (Not to mention overused.)

Mom is extremely concerned about her grandfather, my great-grandpa whom I refer to just as Grandpa. The man turned 101 back in September. One hundred and one! Isn't that remarkable, that I'm related to a man who has seen triple digits, it's unbelievable. All the same, the family has gotten suddenly very pessimistic about his health. Well, mom always was, because that's her general outlook. As it seems, he was leaving the oven on too much, so great aunt Ann (who is married to grandpa's son Bob,) had someone unhook his oven. So he couldn't really cook for himself, other people constantly are having to cook for him on the microwave; and he's just "not eating." So his physical condition is deteriorating.

The family is in panic. You know, that's where the key difference is between the Fourniers and the Williamses is. Grandma Williams lived for about 3 years after being diagnosed with cancer. Everyone around her was so positive and supportive that she lived years beyond the professional opinion. Now one year later, Grandpa Wood, patriarch of three branches of Wood-Fournier, takes a slight turn for the worse, everyone panics, and who knows how much longer he'll have. If I'm to believe the universe consists of indetectible energies we all send out to one another, I have to believe these types of things have an effect on the situation.

I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I'd urge all my family members as well as the millions and millions of readers (or the dozens and dozens, or fives and fives if you want to be realistic,) to really send out some positive energy his way, and whatever happens, happens. Maybe not too much, we don't wanna overload, but just think of an old man who answered the door in his underpants when a lady minister came by; it's funny, and shows what a good sould he has.

But mostly it's just funny.

Yesterday felt like an eternity. Got up early and went bowling - wish I hadn't, it was a meaningless "fun day" during which I slipped and banged my knee, hobbled for much of the day. Then we went on a horrible mission for Christmas gifts, which was doomed because seriously, why would anyone go to the mall during the month of December? What a horrible idea that was! It was hard to breathe and we didn't find what mom wanted, and hardly what dad wanted.

So I've done none of my Christmas shopping, I'm pretty cold and a little sore, and plagued by all my little problems. Hardly in a holiday mood.

Why was it so much easier when I was a kid?

Don't answer that, I know the reason.

I'll keep on rockin if you do the same,
-El Williams

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home