12/08/2005

#7: Battery of insanities

So I'm sitting in the newsroom. Not really much to say about that except that I'm in between classes and bored. Man, there ought to be more people onloine at this time of day, but everyone's either in class or asleep. And here I am, in between two classes typing on my cramp-inducingly compact iBook keyboard in this quiet little corner of SCAET, with a sweater that pulls over my thumbs and fingers to yes, protect me from cold but also hurt my typing ability. Typos may ensue.

The world can be a complicated place, in that you often find yourself doing things that going against your better judgment just because they are easier, more convenient, or somehow more natural. In the past 24 hours I've found that I've said some really ridiculous things that didn't come out as I'd hoped they would when I made them up in my head. I was talking to someone last night and I got really heavy on her and I regret that just a bit. I'm not gonna beat myself up anymore but I need to move on.

I was initially upset at the craziness of the schedule for who is going to see the show when. I had this romantic ideal that we'd all reunite again and have a grand old time but it has become apparent that can't happen. Like I said, I was upset until I spoke with Chris Brown and realized that most people have exams and aren't all going to see it together. It made me feel less small, less hurt. I can be quite thin-skinned at times, as peaches knows.

I'm still not in the Christmas spirit. I find it difficult to be while I'm still in school. In fact I find the Christmas spirit a difficult thing to find these days personally. I'm so cynical about holiday advertisements and the music being played everywhere on TV and at the mall and at work that it's hard for me to settle down and get into the holiday spirit at all. Maybe once the semester is over and I have time to myself at last I can sit down, reflect, and realize that yes, it is a rather Wonderful Time of the Year, if not the most (I still prefer spring for about a hundred reasons.)

I'm all bottled up with angst over this Ana Yavari script, officially entitled "Drift." I read the entry requirements for Cinefondation and while it doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary about it, it made me think "gee, this is a real thing... I'd better make sure I bring my 'A' game." as if I ever try less. Actually that's somewhat true - sometimes I just let it be a little looser than it should be. On that analogy, this has to be ultra-tight, focussed, and impressive. These people see like a half million films a year (overexaggeration to the max, but still) I need to give them something that will stand out and make them take notice.

I really want to write it but there's so little time these days. Next week, after Tuesday, I may have all the time in the world. I've just gotta hold on.

I'm just sorta slogging through school right now. A few hours ago (over three by now,) I finished my History of Journalism presentation on the Future of Journalism (gee, seems a bit out of place.) It wasn't great, but there were some spectacularly unfortunate ones there that don't even compare on the badness scale. In case you can't tell from my convoluted grammar there that means it was OK. Maybe I didn't give Mitrovica exactly what he expected (since he expects the class to be like his research course, I guess,) but I know I didn't disappoint him any more than half the class did.

I also found it amusing to find that he, teacher of History of Journalism and Research (to other classes) has apparently never heard of Stephen Jarrett, teacher of History and Politics and Writing for Newspapers.

Oh yeah and he's not going to like my profile I don't think. Like I care at this point? Go ahead Mitrovica, do your worst. I dares ya!

Maybe I wouldn't say I'm in the bestest mood, but I'm doin' all right thanks for asking.

Things will be good, eventually.

One more week.

Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home