#1: So little to do, so much time
There are three things I want to do tonight. The first is this blog entry. The second is that I actually want to start my profile that was due yesterday in J-History. The third is that I'd like to do just a little writing on my book. I was planning on taking a lon break but I think I'm still going to do short bursts of writing. I was pushing myself hard and getting crap results (in my opinion) and now I just need to write some really rich stuff in small doses when I get a chance.
I'm listening to the Einstein soundtrack. That has me in a good mood for the night. It's really good music, and there is some meaning attached to anyone who saw the play.
Today was thursday, and thursdays always seem to represent bad luck to me. I can't say why, although it dates back to February and ever since the beginning of this year I've had to wake up early on Thursdays for my only 8:00 class. Don't get me started on the class in general, but today's was weird since the main topic of discussion was Blogs. Not this blog or any blog resembling it, but news blogs, political blogs, mainstream blogs. Blogs like InstaPundit, or even Emerson's Scanners Blog at Rogerebert.com. Not Scott Williams Presents. Even Haasim's got mentioned because a guy in the class decided to bring it up. Haasim, I think, is probably reading this right here, and I'd like to publicly thank him for not dragging me into it because this is no public forum, this is no great touchstone of ideas. It's just me. And I am unique, you see. You know it's true.
Have you ever been sitting at a table with a guy and a girl, and the guy is so obviously flirting with the girl, and the girl really seems to be into it? It's awkward ain't it? I was a little put off. And I felt this bizarre need to compete with the guy and be like "hey, I can be witty and charming too," except I was more or less a failure on that, so I guess... he won her? Not that I was particularly competing for her (although a few months ago, who knows.) Either way I don't like to look comparatively dull-witted.
I was in high spirits, however, given that I was granted an extension on my Profile by Mitrovica, whom I will thank by never again immitating in a sarcastic way. I've now managed to clear the way of things that are pressing and stressing, although the future is rapidly approaching, which I can't help but fear.
Well the night has fled and I no longer truly feel like working on anything. Oh initiative. Why must you flee?
Well I'll get it all sorted out. I think I've maybe been eating too much red meat, which is a rare thing for me to say, but there you go. I'm feeling ill.
There are a number of other things I might say, but I lack energy for now.
Keep on rockin'
-Scotto the tired worn soul

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home