#3: Someone you should never trust
So I'm facing another night of avoiding working on anything. I am, on the other hand, watching Bottle Rocket.
I don't wanna go to this lousy christmas party on Monday. I think I've made it fairly clear on this blog that I don't have a great deal of fondness for those I work with. It's hostility born out of the fact that I work with them, for the most part, not that there's anything wrong with them. Maybe it's 50/50. Don't like that I was essentially pressured into going, don't like that it's on a Monday night, don't like that I have to provide a Secret Santa gift. I do like a few of the people I work with, but not particularly the guys who do my job since i'm frequently getting calls and being offered to take their shifts, and saying no since I don't like to work on a moment's notice. If they said "Scott can you take next Thursday for me?" maybe I would. But I never take "tonight" or "tomorrow."
It's been a weird day. Did all right at bowling, Eric busted his glasses but thankfully the glasses drama was ended when dad showed up out of the blue to take him to Hakim, so thank goodness he's no longer complaining about that. Yeah, and we didn't go grocery shopping because mom was too concerned with Christmas shopping, which had the indirect result of Eric's glasses deal but whatev'.
If I had some company I'd be a little happier, but all the same there was talk of going over to Conorton's tonight and while I'd be up for that I kind of just want to chill around the house, have a Coke, watch the Movie Network (Kinsey is on, should be good.) It's weird. I feel less like being social than ever. Well, it is winter. I'd be more outgoing if the weather were nicer, I think. All the same i'm content just to do this. Not to offend the good friends who offered me a night out.
So I guess it's well into Christmastime now. no point in being a grinch about it, it's here to say. At least, until the 25th and then it's out the door, giving us a week to plan for New Year's.
Well anyway I've not got anything of note to say. I just want someone to talk to.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home