3/14/2006

10* She's alone and shivering at 3 AM

My problem, for the moment, is that I've got nothing going on in my life. It should be a token of the amount of inactivity that the bulk of several posts of the past week and a half have concerned the board game "Risk." At one point last night it looked as though that was going to be today's as well, but that was curbed.

So life is not developing, my resentment of school is only formenting. As a result, my blog entries for March 2006 will be distinctly repetitious until something really does happen, although I have certainly been able to get out of the house a little bit, despite the weather being unfriendly.

Case in point: Robyn randomly asks me at about 5:30 if I want to go with her to Mac, "nowish." I agree. After a hasty dog walk and some directions being printed, we were on our way. Things boded ill from the moment we missed the on-ramp to the 403 and had to swing back around to get it again (although not before I pointed her in the wrong diection that caused us to do an extra lap.) Around 7, as we were drawing nearer to Mac, scrambling to find the overly complicated directions (damn Hamilton!) Robyn skips a stopsign and gets nabbed, netting herself a ticket.

That put a damper on the night, as I asked to be back for 9, thus not leaving any time for the night to be about anything else. We went with Steph to get coffee, then watched the first period of the Leafs game with Sheara and some dude. Now, we all know how poorly I generally perform with strangers. There is the occasional good first impression (Natasha comes to mind, as does Laura,) and generally speaking if I do happen to get my mojo working around a stranger, I tend to brag about it for weeks afterward, because it's rare. I'll recall my unfortunate first trip to Mac where I couldn't even deal with Alex and Barb being there as an example of things not going too well. That's not the fault of the other party, it's just me, I'm an odd kinda guy who can't always deal with people he doesn't know. So I sat silently for a good chunk, which was a waste.

Throw in the fact that we were watching a hockey game, and that I've never been the biggest hockey fan: and that's putting it lightly. That dented the night even more with the addition of the previous two points.

After the first period though, we went to hang out with Alex, who is a cool guy now that I'm over the not-talking thing. Was a shame Cary wasn't there, but I think he's had enough of me randomly showing up to places he lives recently. (I've mysteriously been at his house with him there twice in the past month.)

On the plus side, on the way home, the guy in front of us skidded against the cement boundary (or whatever that thing is called) on the 403, so Robyn was given a pleasant reminder that she is by far not the worst driver out there on any given night.

As for some other vagueness: I don't want you to feel anything but what's on the surface for what I did. It was a gift, and I wanted to help, to give what I can, to show I care. It's my mission to prove to those in desparation that we are not meant to carry all burdens alone.

I guess that's it for tonight. As I said, life has grown motionless, stagnant, still. I was going to go into philosophics about the nature of blog and what I do, but the night proved more eventful than the need for that, so I'll stuff it for another time.

Hope the stars smile upon you tonight.

Keep on rockin'
-Scott

2 Comments:

Blogger h0ar said...

Amen :) ! Wow, now I feel selfconcious about my post. This was quite the read ;) . Thank you again. Lol, and thanks for not thinking I'm the worst driver on any given night ;p . See you soon :) !

10:46 pm  
Blogger h0ar said...

Self-concious* ;p

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home