5/17/2006

Ch13: Blind (What love will make you)

Today was, in terms of what criteria I have arranged for myself, perfect.

That's not to say I'd like to keep living this day indefinitely. That'd be boring. However, it was a good day right in the middle of the week. It was the right day. I spent it perfectly.

Though (like most good individuals,) generally a complicated person, I find myself pleased by simple, natural things. Little things that come for no reason. There's nothing natural about the two-directional tide of traffic bustling down the QEW as observed fromt he overpass at Trafalgar, but as I saw it, I smiled. Busy people in fast cars. I went for a long walk. God help me, I love an impossibly good walk to my favourite place. right at the edge of town where the lake and what feels like the whole blue universe stretches right on in front of you and everything seems clearer. Okay, so there are dozens of gulls and geese and swarms of bugs and birdpoo everywhere, but that's nature, you take the good with the bad. Good weather, though, a nice walk, some good reading (yes, I read books for fun now, but I won't be an ass and gush about what I'm reading. Only to Guthrie.) some writing (and more to come once I'm done this post,) a good movie, (Shopgirl, review eventually to be on Interneta,) and running into Doug on the bus. Everything fell into place today. I don't expect this feeling of peace to last, but I am savoring it, believe you me. I expect tomorrow that my sickness will have definitively left me, as I no longer feel the desire to hack up something gross, which had vexed me these past few days.

On my travels, I found came upon a couple sitting on a fence or some kind of retaining wall. They appeared to be in their thirties, but could have been late-20's. I didn't get such a good look. They were also making out like nobody's business. I passed them twice, once on the way to the pier and once on the way back, and they were still at it, worse than before. Busy hands, this guy had. I tried to see if he was wearing a wedding band and if she wasn't. It felt like they were having an affair, but maybe it was just my inner-mind that deduced such a scenario. My mind just harkened back tot hat line from Dogma, "No married man kisses his wife like that" (in broad daylight in a secluded lakeside street in public on a Wednesday morning, no less.) One of those "bite your lip to keep from laughing" situations.

A good show that I would like to see more of is Penn & Teller's "Bullshit!" The show absolutely fascinated me with its way of dissecting its target. I've only seen one episode, and that episode was about the Boy Scouts of America. They went to great lengths to uncover the truth about their shady dealings (and make no mistake there is some shady crap going down with those Scouts, makes me wonder about the Canadian equivalent.)

Well that's about where I call it a night.

Catch you later and keep on rockin'
Mr. Scott

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you only gush about books to Guthrie I will be offended like nobody's business.

Literature gives me a hardon.

No joke.

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home