Ch5: Torn (The knees of your jeans)
So I log on to my computer yesterday morning. My MSN is rigged to automatically log in, because, well, why the heck not. However, this day, it would simply not be. It took me several tries to merely get over myself and read the message insisting I log onto Administrator and download the new version of MSN.
Naturally, I'm miffed. It's a minor inconvenience at best (theoretically,) but I'm the type of guy who feels put out by the slightest alteration of his routine. Yes, upgrading MSN counts as that kind of alteration. So I log off SCOTT and onto ADMINISTRATOR. MSN asks if I want to upgrade (perplexingly, allowing me to log on anyhow, unlike previously.) I say yes, but it says "oh, you can't download this without upgrading Intrnet Explorer." So I think "okay, whatever dude, I use Opera anyway, let's upgrade Explorer." Funnily enough, I've got the IE update on my computer, but the installation never took. Supposedly I had to reboot, but hah, funny, I've rebooted about a dozen times in the past week. But I'm a good sport (uncharacteristically,) and reboot. And now the upgrade gets underway. And then at last I can download the precious MSN upgrade and resume my normal life, albeit with a few more bells and whistles on my MSN.
That was the simplified version of the story. It seemed more complicated when I was living through it.
But the point is my wondering why everything in my life must be such a complicated ordeal? Why must I hit every prospective stumbling block in the most minor of tasks?
Fleh.
I'm rocking out right now to "Shoebox" by the Barenaked Ladies. It'd been a while, but every now and again I dig their greatest hits album. Good tunes all.
Happy birthday.
One year ago, I'm on a bus headed back to Oakville with a bottle of Coke, next to Chris Brown, unable to sleep. One year hence, I've done some lovely writing today, finishing a rather hectic story that needs to be revised and cleaned up, but still is in a complete form. All things considered, a fair trade.
Keep on rockin'
~Scott
Addendum 12:10 AM: There was an alternate version of this post where I rant about someone mentioning this blog elsewhere, but I felt it unnecessary to post once it'd been written. Sorry you're missing out on more of my paranoia and self-derecation. It's no big. Maybe some other night.

1 Comments:
Fleh. I like ;p . I hope to see you soon Scott. Bye for now.
I miss ya,
roybn ;.
Post a Comment
<< Home