Ch3: Don't you forget (about me)
The brackets are hard... I did them for a whole month last year at some point and was hoping to be able to duplicate that dubious feat. Doesn't look likely. I'm not enjoying it.
Oscar Wilde once said, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." I dunno, Mr. Wilde, I recently found out that it was I who was being talked about, in a mot peculiar manner. It was pretty bad. I think I preferred it when I assumed the details of my life were going largely ignored, except during those 15 minutes somebody would take each day to read this blog. They'd do that, I figured, and move on.
Aaannyway, there was a funny little rumour going around school, perpetuated, I am told, by someone I'd never met. I'm not clear on the story, but it made me laugh to hear it. Awkward, for sure, but since it's not really true, I can't feel bad.
Interesting day... night one of Fringe, saw some of the gang. Very crowded, very hot, very uncomfortable. However, the plays were worthwhile. Particularly Dr. Strangelove, expertly adapted and featuring a stellar cast. Patrick in particular, as the Sellers role (one of them anyhow,) as President Merkin Muffley. I'm not sure what to say about the other two. Not that they weren't good, in fact they seemed particularly well done for opening night (particularly "Amelia, Once More,") but Strangelove was what captivated me.
Afterward, a host of us arbitrarily trekked out to a park (after first hitting up the White Store.) It was... well, it was what it was. The Fergusons, both Laurens, younger Gurnham, Adam, his Sister I believe, Jordon Childs (whom I'd just met,) Patrick and Myself. I was tackled numerous times under numerous circumstances. Or at least, numerous attempts were made to tackle, but I stood my ground against an unexpectedly phyiscal assault. I also gave a demonstration on jumping from the swingset and tested for wetness at the bottom of the slide (it passed.)
I've been really low key. It's hard to gather my thoughts. I'm not having as much caffeine lately, which probably isn't helping. Not being in school has thrown off my whole rhythm. I need to find a really good time of day to write. The problem is this: I don't usually find it within myself to write first thing in the morning. Then i'll be doing something in the afternoon, have/make/help with supper, and want to relax in the evening. So it's tough. I need to shoehorn some writing in there. Unfortunately, my daily agenda seems to be jam packed with TMN OnDemand, dogwalking, and looking up obscure movies/articles on Wikipedia. That's a pretty full day right there.
So it's definitely been one of those spring days... when you have a massive chest congestion/sore throat from allergies (that you supposedly no longer have,) and it is way above the average heat. Global warming. Looks like it's a fact.
But it was a lovely evening.
Keep on rockin'
-Scott

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home